Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Big Radius or Supertrapp Crack Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 04:00 AM
PearlWhiteGT
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default V&H Big Radius or Supertrapp Crack Pipes

The Night Train I just bought came with some V&H Big Radius pipes & I do like the look and sound of them but every other bike on the road has them. I want something that sounds just as good or better & louder. Also want something a little different from other bikes in my area so I am thinking of replacing them with some Supertrapp Carck Pipes. Have any of you guys heard these pipes before? How do they sound compared to the Big Radius pipes?

Thanks!

Old 12-17-2010, 06:59 AM
bikermike2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

ah supertrapp's brings back some memories . had a 883 punch out to a 1200 with S&S crab & 2 into 1 supertrapp . use to smoke those 1340 ies. dam that bike was fast. young dumb & full of ___. used to drive by cars in parking lots give a crack of the throttle & set off car alarms it had such a low beefy rumble . work every time till i got chewed out by a hot lady cop how threaten me with a ticket. dam i loved those pipes & that cop at the time . i would have them on my rock but does not work with the look I'm going for. not into the speed anymore just getting older & not liking it.Supertrapp lot of compression . my review awesome pipes.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:54 AM
X Black p3arl 7rain X
Advanced

Originally Posted by PearlWhiteGT
The Night Train I just bought came with some V&H Big Radius pipes & I do like the look and sound of them but every other bike on the road has them. I want something that sounds just as good or better & louder. Also want something a little different from other bikes in my area so I am thinking of replacing them with some Supertrapp Carck Pipes. Have any of you guys heard these pipes before? How do they sound compared to the Big Radius pipes?

Thanks!

Your not lying when you say that EVERY bike out there has them. Not to bash on anyone with their choice in pipes, but my bike came with V&H shortshots, and I hated them. Aside from that, do a search on craigslist in the MC section "Vance and Hines"...you'll see what I mean. I vote for the crack pipes they were my second choice, but my hookers (if you can still find them) run open baffled, are twice as loud as the short shots and make my ears ring. Vance and hines if you want to follow the pack, crack pipes, LAF pipes, etc...if you want to be different. Let the debate begin, I guess.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:19 AM
PearlWhiteGT
Road Captain

I have never heard how they sound though. Have any of you guys heard them on a softail? Saw some other pipes on an other sire called el loco & they look pretty cool but haven't heard anything about them.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:35 PM
bloomington g
Road Captain

How about some Martin Bros. pipes? I have seen more Trains with Yafee pipes especially the"crack pipes" than Martin Bros. You might be able to find some Hooker Fourbiddens cheap.

Train with Crack pipes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s8pfGXtm1g

Old 12-18-2010, 04:44 AM
bluedemon06
Tourer

I like the martin bros! Mine are louder then the crack pipes in that video but I also run no baffles

Old 12-18-2010, 05:05 AM
Deuski
Novice

I recently installed V&H Competition Series 2-1 stainless system. You don't see many of these. They were much too quiet for me as shipped, but they have a removable baffle. I've never started the bike with the baffle removed - I think the sound level would hurt me, and would probably run like crap - but the muffler core is wrapped with insulation. I removed the insulation and re-installed the baffle and the sound is just right for me. It's much different than any 2-2 system - a deep rumble and more mellow, and just enough bark for me with the insulation out. They are stainless steel with no heat shields, relatively short compared to most 2-1, and the stainless will turn a golden yellow from the heat. All these may be negatives for some, but weren't for me. These are not for everyone but I love them.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:05 PM
PearlWhiteGT
Road Captain

Also like some of the pipes from these guys.

http://exhaust.exoticchoppers.com/

Old 12-20-2010, 07:08 AM
pasta77
Stage I
Default SuperTrapp Crack Pipe Videos

Here's a couple videos of Crack Pipes on their video forum:

http://forums.supertrapp.com/showthread.php?t=1024

Old 12-21-2010, 12:59 PM
PearlWhiteGT
Road Captain

So has anyone heard any of the pipes from exoticchoppers.com? the Martin Bros look good too.

Quick Reply: V&H Big Radius or Supertrapp Crack Pipes