Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown Mind...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 07:29 PM
SpicOfTheDevil
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

regarding the "parade mode" i'm quite certain it's controlled by the ecm program, there is a engine temp sensor in the front cylinder that gives the feedbak to the ecm (electronic control module), the black box on the rear fender under the seat...
i replaced my ecm with a tmax which turns on the engine light when the motor reaches a temp which you specify thru the software and ultimately the map...

don't know if is a combination of not sending a pulse to the coil plug for the rear cylinder and rear injector

Old 12-15-2010, 08:09 PM
DarkTrak
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by editbrain
Did you read any of the links? Man, you really need a spoon today?

1) told you you needed software..... That should be a clue that it is computer related.
2) gave you links to specifics on how to enable of disable on touring models that also mentioned it is a dealer issue if you do not have the software (computer program) that will allow you to turn it on or off.

Really not trying to be a smart ***, but your really not helping yourself either.

So did you customize that bike in your signature that way yourself?
What the hell is the disconnect here?? Is there a language barrier? (1) I fully understand that the system is computer controled. I fully understand that software is required to screw with it. (2)My bike is not a touring model. I will switch to all caps and RE-PHRASE my question from post #15 of this thread....in hopes of getting past this communication barrier..... DUE TO THE FACT THAT I HAVE HEARD THAT SOME MODELS ARE EQUIPPED WITH THIS FEATURE AND SOME ARE NOT, I RENDER THE FOLLOWING QUESTION: IS THERE A PHYSICAL INDICATOR OF WHETHER OR NOT MY SPECIFIC 2009 HARLEY DAVIDSON NIGHT TRAIN IS EQUIPPED WITH THIS SYSTEM? For the definition of "PHYSICAL" Please refer to Webster's Dictionary.

And yes, I do all my own work.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:59 PM
FreakO'Nature
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dark- I have an '09 Nightrain myself. The eitms program is stored in the ecm. It can only be turned on/off by the dealer unless you have a SEST,TTS or some other type of controller. When I had the stage 1 done with pipes and air cleaner and TTS, I asked them to turn on the eitms. I kinda freaked the first time it came on-thought the bike was gonna stall and it sounded like an air pump. It did not stall and the idle sound was normal for the eitms program. It's not gonna be the kind of cool you can feel but I believe it is saving the engine from overheating under extreme heat conditions. I can turn it on or off with the TTS. Otherwise it has to be done by the dealer. Owners manual states it can be turned on once and turned off once by the dealer at no charge. After that there will be a charge incurred. Hope this helps.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:06 PM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

I think the EITMS was a dealer download on the 2007 models. After release of the 96" Harley discovered cops and others needed help with heat in traffic. It only comes on when the bike is stopped and head temp exceeds preset amount.
For 2008 and later its enabled by default. Touring models have a slightly different system that allowed some sort of on/off switch using throttle.

Mine has come on many times, but I use TTS which has a different heat management that alternates firing both cyliders intsead of only the rear like EITMS. If ambient temp is below 80 and you don't ride in stop and go traffic you will probably never experience it.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:10 PM
SpicOfTheDevil
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

searched the net, seems all efi harleys have a heat management system...check this link, at the bottom of the page there is info on this, but you should read it all...
http://www.chopsgarage.com/harleys_efi_system.html

Old 12-15-2010, 09:45 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Deleted by editbrain. Not worth keeping this guy riled up. He got his answer for the umpteenth time below.

Last edited by editbrain; 12-15-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No physical indicator to alert you
to the presence of such control.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:49 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Deleted by editbrain. Not worth keeping this guy riled up.

Last edited by editbrain; 12-15-2010 at 09:59 PM.