Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Floorboards on my Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 11:59 PM
murd
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Passenger Floorboards on my Deluxe

I swapped out the stock passenger pegs last spring for some nice wider ones in hopes the OL would be more comfortable.
She's kind of on the short side and complained that her foot was struggling to make a secure contact with the peg....
So, I was wondering if anyone out there has swapped out the pegs for floorboards and how did you manage with the brackets to go above the pipes?
Do I need to fabricate something? If I can get the passenger floorboard positioned above the muffler, she'll have better leg position and more comfort.

Does anyone have pics?
Thanks!

Old 12-05-2010, 08:21 AM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

With stock pipes you'll need to get adjustable brackets (not even sure if they'll fit)
http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...ID/20/IMID/596

Without stock pipes they mount higher on the frame above the pipes and nothing needed. So if you ever wanted pipes now might be the time instead of wasting money on adjustables.

See where mine is, it's about where your upper pipe is. The stock pipes have a different bracket for the peg, and when they're off the pegs mount to the frame.

Last edited by kozy22; 12-05-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

I installed a set of Kuryakyn adjustable foot pegs and HD's foot board. They weren't compatible with the dual exhaust so I had to do some fabricating. The end results are good and the better half has a couple of positions for her feet now. That helps on the longer rides. She was satisfied with the pegs,,, but after the foot boards went on she said she didn't know what she was missing. If they are not compatible with the stock exhaust now may be the time to look at a new Exhaust setup as mentioned by kozy22.