Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D Lowcats on Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 05:58 AM
WAhog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default D&D Lowcats on Fatboy

Although there was a lot of discussion around these pipes I didn't see many pics of a fatboy with them. So here you go. Better pic soon. TQ and HP up marginally at top end but 15%+ in the mid-range where I ride. Sounds great, even more aggressive than V&H BSS but about the same volume with standard baffles.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:14 AM
FLSTF
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks good, similar to the boarzilla in my sig pic only shorter. I like the lines of the lowcat alot better than the fatcat on softails.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:56 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

That looks great. I still like the loks of my fatcat as well. See my sig. I keep telling people about the extra power they are going to get from their fatcat. I am not sure if people do not believe me or what, but low end and mid range is so much better. I never ride on the high end so I could care less. It is a Harley is supposed to run off max torque.

The lowcat is nice as it won't scrape as easy as a fatcat, but I raise my air ride all the way up for the canyons so there is no issue. And, D&D's fit and finish is excellent. I have been running min nearly a year and it still looks brand new. My bike gets ridden nearly every day. Here i s a video of the sound of mine w(standard baffle)with a 95" kit and 203 cams. the quiet baffle will give a little bit deeper of a tone but also will lose a little bit of power.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ftn7yqCXig

Drew

Old 12-04-2010, 06:21 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I love my Lowcat. People will tell you that they don't make as much power as a Fatcat, as they don't have the stepped header that the Fatcat has. People will also tell you that the quiet baffle won't make any power. If that's the case, my little 103 would be making well over 120/120 with a standard-baffle Fatcat. But then I'd drag the thing mercilessly through the corners.

Really love the pipe, and D&D is a quality company to deal with.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:37 PM
WAhog
Cruiser

I'm really pleased with the pipe, especially the rideability that it has added through that extra stomp. Only caveat is that have already managed to scrape the pipe, not the muffler but the heatshield on a roundabout but I think that wasn't helped by an untidy heatshield clip sticking out and pulling the bile down - will see how it goes.

Old 12-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Danny D
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default +1 - 2 into 1

Yet another black 2 - 1.

Attached Thumbnails D&D Lowcats on Fatboy-jester-20in-20drive-2-.jpg  
Old 12-05-2010, 06:16 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Here is part of an email I got from a customer who just bought tow fatcats and got them installed.

Got my son’s exhaust on yesterday. His was easier to put on than mine. Don’t need to say anything about them cause you know how good they are. Exhaust sounds like a big block muscle car. It gets up to speed with so easy. Why did we wait so long to put this on?

That speaks for itself. rarely dopes anyone thank me for their purchase, but I love it when they do. It makes it that much better to have my job.

Drew

Drew

Old 12-06-2010, 05:34 AM
WAhog
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Here is part of an email I got from a customer who just bought tow fatcats and got them installed.

Got my son’s exhaust on yesterday. His was easier to put on than mine. Don’t need to say anything about them cause you know how good they are. Exhaust sounds like a big block muscle car. It gets up to speed with so easy. Why did we wait so long to put this on?

That speaks for itself. rarely dopes anyone thank me for their purchase, but I love it when they do. It makes it that much better to have my job.

Drew

Drew
Ye I felt a bit like that !! My only gripe is that on a Fatboy the heat shield drags when I get down on a really tight curve - that sucks and I already have a badly scratched heatshield underside. Kinda ironic but I guess it was designed for Softails (Standard, custom etc) and thats the price of putting it on a Fattie. It really only happens in extreme turns, so only at slow speed but unnerving all the same.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:13 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by WAhog
Ye I felt a bit like that !! My only gripe is that on a Fatboy the heat shield drags when I get down on a really tight curve - that sucks and I already have a badly scratched heatshield underside. Kinda ironic but I guess it was designed for Softails (Standard, custom etc) and thats the price of putting it on a Fattie. It really only happens in extreme turns, so only at slow speed but unnerving all the same.
I have never scraped my heat shield. I have scraped the baffle screw which is almost gone entirely now, but that is it. Add a Shotgun shock and this will not happen anymore.

Drew

Old 12-14-2010, 05:06 AM
WAhog
Cruiser
Default D&D reply

I forgot to mention that I got a reply from D&D regarding the scraping issue. They got back to me real quick. I love the pipes anyway and wouldn't go back to V&H.

"Sorry you having trouble with the Low Cat but all 2:1 system ride a little lower that a 2:2 system. The Low Cat is for lowered bikes but you still have to watch it when you turn right. Sorry but there is nothing else we have have that would be any different. The other 2:1 systems for the Softails have a straight HP and muffler that would be worse."

Quick Reply: D&D Lowcats on Fatboy