Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hdwheels.com or ridewrightwheels.com ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 02:54 PM
studiopeg
Road Warrior
Received 63 Likes on 18 Posts
Default hdwheels.com or ridewrightwheels.com ???

I'm working on doing some customizing to my 08 Deluxe over the winter. I'm getting to know a lot of technical things since joining this forum (thanks guys!) but as a chick I'm still in the dark about a lot.

I love the look of the wheels on this bike, and am going to do these same wheels within a few weeks.

But...

ridewrightwheels.com has a Fat Daddy 50 spokes wheel and hdwheels.com has a similar wheel - 52 Spoke Super Fat. They look almost the same.

I've read pieces of conversations here and there about the technical aspects of these wheels... increased weight, etc.

Would love it if some of you could chime in and let me know of anything I need to understand about these two choices.

What should I be asking? Looking for? Considering?

Will I need a new rotor too?

This is Ride Wright's:

http://ridewrightwheels.com/RWWBLOG/?page_id=20

And this is HD Wheels':

http://hdwheels.com/images/40-60_Spo...WWW%20tire.jpg

Thanks

Old 11-29-2010, 03:01 PM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love my rrw alson

Old 11-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Fireman1501
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run the Ride Right Wheels and love them.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:08 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Ride Wright.... Then call Dr. VTwin for better pricing than Sam can get buying directly from him....

Old 11-29-2010, 03:20 PM
studiopeg
Road Warrior
Received 63 Likes on 18 Posts

So far Sam has been very helpful! But I did not see anywhere that he offers custom powder coat colors. I can't have my bike light pink and use one of the standard dark pink powder coat colors on the wheels, it would look stupid. The powder coating has to be close to the pink of my bike, so I'm in a bind about this. hdwheels.com offers custom powder coating, but I really want Sam's Fat Daddy.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by studiopeg
So far Sam has been very helpful! But I did not see anywhere that he offers custom powder coat colors. I can't have my bike light pink and use one of the standard dark pink powder coat colors on the wheels, it would look stupid. The powder coating has to be close to the pink of my bike, so I'm in a bind about this. hdwheels.com offers custom powder coating, but I really want Sam's Fat Daddy.
Just call and ask they will send you color samples other than what is on their site.I spoke with Danielle she could not have been more helpful.They sent me a color called shattered glass over pearlized white II.I am sure they can do light pink

Old 11-29-2010, 03:54 PM
LAC187
Former Sponsor

I cant say enough good stuff about Sam, we have worked together on countless projects and the out come is always the same......STELLAR!

Old 11-29-2010, 03:55 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I would be leary that a 52 spoke would really be a DNA wheel sold by someone else. I don't know for sure, but Ride Wright are the only fat spokes I sell. I can get you whatever you need and a company that backs their product like Ride Wright is hard to come by nowadays. Well worth the money any day of the week. PM or email me for pricing DREW@DRVTWIN.COM

Drew

Old 11-29-2010, 04:21 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

try sinister wheels too

Old 11-29-2010, 04:23 PM
DrawDown
Road Master

Ride Wright all the way. Im running one of his 120 spokes on my Luxe and love it. Great quality and the customer service is awesome. I think the same setup on that bike above would be sick on a womans bike, but I would go with a 21" front wheel instead of the 16.

Quick Reply: hdwheels.com or ridewrightwheels.com ???