Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker C Mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010 | 10:58 PM
lazyboy09
Tourer

I have to say the Danny Gray seat is extremely comfortable and looks pretty damn good. The prices for seats on this bike are insane! Doesn't matter where you go. This bike is a great foundation, It just needs tweaks here and there to get everything dialed in

Old 11-26-2010 | 03:28 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RockerCRider
I am getting ready to pick-up my Rocker-C in a couple of weeks and was looking for some good ideas/pics for mobs I can do to the bike. I have read on these forums that a lot of people don't like the seat because it is uncomfortable. I would like a seat that closes the gap between the stock seat and the rear finder because I will be riding solo and that gap is not very appealing to my eyes. So if there are other Rocker C riders out there, give me some ideas/suggestions.

Thanks.

Plenty of ideas in this thread---> https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ctures-55.html

Old 11-27-2010 | 06:06 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

gap gone,get some apes too

Old 11-27-2010 | 06:43 PM
RockerCRider
|
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by lazyboy09
I have to say the Danny Gray seat is extremely comfortable and looks pretty damn good. The prices for seats on this bike are insane! Doesn't matter where you go. This bike is a great foundation, It just needs tweaks here and there to get everything dialed in
That is a very nice seat...what is the model # of the seat? Did you have to do any additional modifications to the bike in order to install that seat?

Old 11-27-2010 | 06:47 PM
RockerCRider
|
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by MadScot
The other mod I would do soon is remove that damn liscence plate and light. Put a side mount on and either cover the fender holes, bob it or have it filled and painted. Lots of choices.
I agree with your mob about the license plate, I have seen a lot of Rockers with this modification, so with that said, what did you use to fill the holes left behind after removing the license plate holder? I would like to use an option that doesn't include having to paint the bike.

Old 11-27-2010 | 06:49 PM
RockerCRider
|
2nd Gear

I am getting ready to pick-up my Rocker-C in a couple of weeks and was looking for some good ideas/pics for mobs I can do to the bike. I have read on these forums that a lot of people don't like the seat because it is uncomfortable. I would like a seat that closes the gap between the stock seat and the rear finder because I will be riding solo and that gap is not very appealing to my eyes. So if there are other Rocker C riders out there, give me some ideas/suggestions.

Thanks.
The Rocker C that I am getting the black with vivid black flames. Since this is my first Harley I wanted to get a black one. I also think this is a very unique HD and thought it would be a good starter HD.

One additional question, has any one replaced their turn signal, brake and head light with LEDs? If so, where did you get here from and that where the item #s?

Thanks for all the great ideas.

Last edited by RockerCRider; 11-27-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-27-2010 | 08:59 PM
MadScot
Cruiser

I agree with your mob about the license plate, I have seen a lot of Rockers with this modification, so with that said, what did you use to fill the holes left behind after removing the license plate holder? I would like to use an option that doesn't include having to paint the bike.
I used a gas cover medallion for the three holes and a 105th anniversary pin for the single hole. I may still fill the holes, bob and repaint. But this has worked for two years.

Attached Thumbnails Rocker C Mods-fender.jpg  
Old 12-01-2010 | 12:43 AM
lazyboy09
Tourer

@ RockerCRider, it's a Danny Gray weekday solo with the gel insert. I honestly don't remember the model number though.

Old 12-01-2010 | 12:55 AM
lazyboy09
Tourer

Sorry, forgot to answer your other question, No mods were necessary to install this seat, except removing the plastic cover over the battery. To answer your lighting question, the tail lights are led from the factory. I have all Headwinds lights on my bike but kept the factory setup: standard fronts, led rears. If your bike is an '11 you may have electrical issues changing the fronts to led due to their lower draw as the electrical system is quite different on the new bikes.

Old 12-01-2010 | 12:58 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

That is a very nice seat...what is the model # of the seat? Did you have to do any additional modifications to the bike in order to install that seat?
Do a search for "Rocker solo seat by Danny Gray" @ ebay motors.
Look over the different styles, http://www.dannygray.com/HotSeats.asp?D=1
No mod necessary to mount it other than remove the stock seat and support.
I did use polished stainless bolts and washers instead of the bolts and washers supplied with the seat.

Quick Reply: Rocker C Mods