Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cover ideas for Ness Big Sucker II - Rain

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 10:45 PM
armorup
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cover ideas for Ness Big Sucker II - Rain

I've got a Big Sucker II on my Night Train and have been caught in the rain a few times this year. Bike doesn't sputter, but the rain washes the filter oil off and I am sure if I get caught in a downpour it will be ugly. I know I could get an aftermarket rain sock, but I would like to find a hard cover that works. This is the larger Ness cleaner, so the stock filter and others don't work.

Anyone have any ideas on a hard cover for the Big Sucker II that would protect the filter in the rain? Ness doesn't seem to be able to help.

Thanks!

Old 03-20-2011, 07:07 PM
ppalmerjr
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by armorup
I've got a Big Sucker II on my Night Train and have been caught in the rain a few times this year. Bike doesn't sputter, but the rain washes the filter oil off and I am sure if I get caught in a downpour it will be ugly. I know I could get an aftermarket rain sock, but I would like to find a hard cover that works. This is the larger Ness cleaner, so the stock filter and others don't work.

Anyone have any ideas on a hard cover for the Big Sucker II that would protect the filter in the rain? Ness doesn't seem to be able to help.

Thanks!
Found any answers on this? I also have the Big Sucker II and looking for a rain sock or something to protect me in the rain. Any ideas?

Old 03-21-2011, 08:17 AM
handyhoward
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am afraid that when you made your choice in air cleaners, you also made the choice as I did to do more maintenance on it after we get caught in the rain... I have been in some real downpours here in Florida and the bike runs thru fine, but if I am going to be away from home for any length of time, I carry the spray can of oil with me. I wish they made a small "tool box" size but haven't found one yet.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Willie D
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink Outerwearsracing.com

Try these, they have worked for me,

www.outerwearsracing.com

Good Luck.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:01 PM
armorup
Cruiser

Found a Ness cover that worked. I am not sure where my wife bought mine (birthday present), but here's a link. It's a big cover that does the trick. http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/en...ctCategoryCode=

Old 04-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Originally Posted by armorup

Thanks!
the stock cover fits youll just need to use the plastic spacer and a longer nut

Old 04-17-2011, 09:09 AM
Jaburg1
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

On a blacked out bike, the stock Crossbones cover should be large enough and look very nice.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Old@Heart
2nd Gear

If you like the look of an exposed filter just get one of the rain socks. It should do the trick.

http://shop.arlenness.com/p-4804-big...ter-black.aspx