Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Bike Lift/Jack ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 12:54 AM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by mjohnston66
I've had the $90 yellow one from Harbor Freight for 5 years now and it works perfect for personal use. I know Harbor Freight is hit or miss but it's been good for me. The best part is you can use the money you saved on other mods.
+1 again... that lift has served the purposes for me since I bought my bike nearly four years ago. I figure if you're inclined to spend more, go the rest of the way and buy a table like the Kendon or something similar.

Roger

Old 11-24-2010, 06:40 AM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by scasey
But you wuld throw your expensive bike up on a cheapo jack just to save a couple of hundred, how much did you pay for your ride? Sorry I just don't get that logic everytime ic this question.

Pitbull or J and Sn I chose the latter in wich I amn very happy with
I am with you on that I like the fact on the J & S you dont need to use straps to make the bike stable I was very impressed with their videos and its on rollers I can easily move my bike into a corner of the garage this winter into a tight spot I would not normally be able to get the bike into.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:56 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scasey
But you wuld throw your expensive bike up on a cheapo jack just to save a couple of hundred, how much did you pay for your ride? Sorry I just don't get that logic everytime ic this question.

Pitbull or J and Sn I chose the latter in wich I amn very happy with
I dont think the Craftsman Jack is a cheap jack because it is inexpensive.It is very well made and serves it purpose fine.I have never felt uncomfortable or worried about putting or leaving my bike on it.There is no logic to understand this is just my outlook you are entitled to yours.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:04 AM
JCloud
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Pitbull and love it. J&S or Pitbbull if you want to feel good about your bike when you look the other way.

Attached Thumbnails Best Bike Lift/Jack ?-ajackphoto.jpg   Best Bike Lift/Jack ?-jackphoto.jpg  
Old 11-24-2010, 07:18 AM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by JCloud
I have a Pitbull and love it. J&S or Pitbbull if you want to feel good about your bike when you look the other way.
I checked out the pitbull also very nice unit very well made both the J & S & pitbull seemed of equal quality I like the drain pan attachment that J & S has for doing oil changes.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:40 AM
R_W_B
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Two choices here

The cheapest but still functional bike lift jack is the Harbor Freight Jack (they offer two, one is not good the other is) See my profile at Turn Sig Relo album for more details. I bought this lift on sale at H.F. for $79 bucks. The Dyna mod cost me $5 in bolts and drill bit and 15 mins time. I think they sell these things most of the time around $85 bucks. More info in my turn sig relo album.

People tell me these work right out of the store on softails but for Dyna's (like mine) you have to do a simple mod to them (seen in my turn sig relo album) I was not the first to mod this lift, I found it out from others.

If you can spring the money, for about $320 up there are the lifts available on the net that you drive the bike onto and into a wheel chock. It raises up about 30 inches. These are nice but expensive.

Last edited by R_W_B; 11-24-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:48 AM
scasey
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Malingerer
I dont think the Craftsman Jack is a cheap jack because it is inexpensive.It is very well made and serves it purpose fine.I have never felt uncomfortable or worried about putting or leaving my bike on it.There is no logic to understand this is just my outlook you are entitled to yours.
Have read enough stories on the forms to know to stay away from that finely built Craftsmen. That is where my logic comes from. I am not saying yours isn't working fine and I hope it con'ts to be that way but I feel if I am going to spend the money on a expensive bike I am not going to cut corners to put it in the air.

It is like people who buy expensive sports cars and when the tires need to be replaced some people will put cheap a** tires on a car that needs better tires to perform to the capabilities it is designed for, don't get that logic either!

Old 11-25-2010, 12:01 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I am getting this one in about a week. I like the fact that the arms are much further apart than on the lift I have now. I don't store my bike so that part is a non issue, but this will be perfect for me. I can't afford those expensive ones anyway.
http://www.harborfreight.com/high-po...ift-99887.html

Drew

Old 11-25-2010, 12:59 PM
gforrest2
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2kids3pets
For the everyday DIY rider the HF elcheapo is all you need,

+1 Just make sure you get it on sale. Shouldn't have to pay more than $60 for one. I got mine for $50. They work just fine. The only problem with jacks of this style is they do not sit very low, i.e., if your bike is lowered, it's not going to fit under your frame. Not that big of a deal, you just have to drive your bike on a 2x6 or patio brick or similar item to raise it an inch or so. Not sure, but the expensive jacks may have this same problem. Also, my Harbor Freight, and probably others have a device (not sure of the term) that when you jack your bike up, this slips down and "locks" the jack in place, so that if the hydraulics fail, the bike is not going to go down. My bike's in storage and on the H-F jack. Been on it a month and it hasn't dropped at all.

Last edited by gforrest2; 11-25-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:03 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

There is a 20% off coupon for HF in American Iron every month too.

Quick Reply: Best Bike Lift/Jack ?