Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does your bike ride straight?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 02:21 AM
AusMongrel
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Does your bike ride straight?

Hi all,

I ask this question because I originally complained to the HD Dealer that my front end was not straight - as in, when riding in a straight line and look at the risers, everything looks like it is pointing to the right. if I let go of the bars, the bike instantly pulls left.

The dealer told me that it is normal for the front end to not look straight as it is not symenrical. Sounds BS to me!!

I rode my mates 08 fatty (mines 2010) and his rides dead straight when I let go.

Comments??

Old 11-22-2010, 05:17 AM
Nameless.
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree with you, sounds like BS. My bike rides straight when i let go of the bars.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:21 AM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

My Fat Boy tracks like a guided missile. However, I have heard that it depends on the bike since some bike's wheels are set slightly off center. What bike do you have?

Old 11-22-2010, 05:22 AM
jsbridgew
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I remember when I bought my Street Bob back in 07, it didn't track straight...pulled to left when i let go of handlebars

after putting a wide glide front end, lowering the rear, and a few other simple mods it straightened out for some reason

Old 11-22-2010, 06:22 AM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All bikes should run true .... you have a problem ... go back to your dealer and ask for someone who knows what there talking about ..... they must have someone there who might if not go to another dealer ..... you do not state if your bike is second hand or not because if it was i would check to see if its been in an accident or sometimes at the base of the risers you have little bushes that can wear and when you turn the bars hard that can move the bars so you need to replace them with new plastic ones but that still does not account for pulling left ......

Old 11-22-2010, 06:30 AM
AusMongrel
Cruiser

Hmm Thanks guys. Mine is a 2010 FatBoy with less than 2000kms on it.

I have already emailed the dealer and told them I want it looked at.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:33 AM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior

Then if thats the case its under warranty ..... or did you by it second hand ? .... in which case its still under warranty from the factory

Old 11-22-2010, 06:37 AM
AusMongrel
Cruiser

Originally Posted by skulltrainharley
Then if thats the case its under warranty ..... or did you by it second hand ? .... in which case its still under warranty from the factory
Brand new bike! I watched them unpack it from the crate and literally rode it out of the dealership.

Last edited by AusMongrel; 11-22-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:44 AM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior

Well your not me i know but if that was me i would not send emails i would take myself down there give em the key and tell them to sort it .... No if's ands or but's or letter's from there mother ..... good luck

Old 11-22-2010, 06:53 AM
Gman in NC
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sound's like rear wheel allignment to me. Or possible something in the handlebar riser that just make it look like it's not running true. I think most of the bikes will pull right or left when you let go of the handlebars. The weight distribution on these bikes is not equal and even the way the rider sits on it could do this. If your handlebars/risers look straight in line with the front forks I'd look at the rear end.

Quick Reply: Does your bike ride straight?