Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger seat placement

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 07:09 PM
az_steve
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Passenger seat placement

I currently have the stock seats and have been looking into replacing them with a larger touring seat like from Mustang. But I am not sure if that is enough to make the wife more comfortable. She has a muscle disease in her legs, so she gets figedity after a short while (20-30 minutes) of riding. If we are on for a longer time like just 45-60 minutes, she can get pretty uncomfortable and sore.

Is it possible to move the backrest and passenger seat back a couple of inches on a 2010 Heritage Classic? Can the fender support having the seat farther back? I know that we would have to find a place that can do the drilling and fabrication, as it would probably need to do some major changes to the rear end.

Thanks

Old 11-20-2010, 07:32 PM
shineybike
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not 100% sure about how much weight the rear fender can take, but if you consider the vartiation in the size of passengers, I'm sure it can take a fair amount. As long as the weight is supported by the fender struts and covers I think you will be okay. You might find it easier and cheaper to get some sort of extensions for the passenger foot pegs along with a wider or thicker passenger seat pad.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Chinnk
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put passenger floorboards and the HD touring pillion on my heritage. The wife likes it. She move her feet around and has enough support for her fanny

Old 11-20-2010, 08:00 PM
az_steve
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I have passenger floorboards on it for her already. That was the first thing I did to the bike, as the pegs were brutal to her.

We test rode a Tri Glide Ultra today at the dealer. She was extremely comfortable on it. But I felt cramped up as the bars and seat seemed too close for me. But it was a nice ride once I got used to it. Too bad we don't have the money, we could upgrade to something like that. She loved it and said she could ride on it for hours without issue.

But I think that a new seat will be easier to come by for now.