Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using this backrest?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 738 Posts
Default Anyone using this backrest?

Saw this last night and I am thinking the cost is pretty low, maybe too low for any real quality?
http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?c...158&s=prod.php

Was wondering if anyone else was using one? I can get it for $80 shipped. I asked about the mounting and this was the reply.
"this driver side backrest mounts under the passanger seat. If you remove your passanger seat you should have two bolts on there. that is where the drivers back rest mounts to."

My thinking if a new Mustang seat with drivers backrest is about 5 bills, this is 80. I find the stock seat ok so far a backrest would improve that I hope.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:22 PM
sunrise rider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I have one on my 08 Heritage. I did have to do some bending of the mounting bracket. For the low price of the backrest it's not the greatest of quality compared to some of the other backrest out there. But I don't regret buying the Mutazu backrest, probably one of the best investments I've made on my bike (I mean by purchasing a back rest). It actually mounts to the studs of the drivers seat. Remove the passenger pillon and the cap nut from the drivers seat mounting bracket and slide onto the studs and screw capnuts back on. I had to bend the back rest bracket to get it to the right angle to be comfortable. This is a previous thread about this back rest https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ghlight=mutazu

Last edited by sunrise rider; 11-19-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 738 Posts

Thanks for the post and the link. I am guilty of not doing a search first. Usually when I do I get every post but the subject I am looking for. From reading the other thread it seems like the backrest is worth it.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Hockey Stick
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the firehouse custom. Found it on ebay for $80.
For the price, does the job. Not great quality, not too bad though. I don't use it too often.

It does push me an inch or so farward. I'm thinking of makeing a few adjustments to the pad. Maybe shave down some of the padding (especially towards the bottom), so I can move back, and recover it.
Also, not sure but I think the pad can be lowered a bit on the bracket.
Dosen't look bad with the rear seat on, but I don't like how high it sits with the rear seat off. Also lowering it will make it that much easier to kick my leg over.