Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone moved from Touring to Softail?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010 | 04:44 PM
nferr
Road Master

I've had two baggers, a Victory Touring Cruiser, pretty similar to a Road King and a Stratoliner which is even larger and 1900CC. For some reason I never quite felt right with either. Just too large and unwieldy for me. And for the couple of longer trips I take each year they were overkill for 98% of the riding I do, especially since 99% of the time I'm solo on the bike. My Rocker fits me perfectly - just so much easier and fun to handle. I've ridden my friend's Road King and it pretty much felt similar to my baggers. Not for me. All depends on the type of riding you do and your size IMO.

Old 12-03-2010 | 07:47 AM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Had a 2003 RKC for like, 5 years or so. It was a great bike, put some bux into it, and then fell totally in love with the 08 FXSTC. traded Jan 08 for it. Only have a limited amount of miles on it right now, been so busy. But, I am working, and I have a Jeep Wrangler, so I haven't been totally at a loss.

Just this morning I finally realized that my bike has been so neglected, that I almost feel ashamed for ignoring it for so long. Haven't ridden since September. So, I think I am going to try and get the bike up again this weekend. Needs a front brake flush again, since it is sticking. Third time it has happened. Back to the dealer. Might need a new battery as well.

Nevermind the Buell. I haven't ridden it in over a year. Needs all the fluids changed, and then it might go on the market.

Who'd ever think that a Jeep could do that? But it's true. I am guilty as charged. Anyways, if you decide to trade for a Softail, make sure you ride one first. Personally, regardless of how long I let it sit, I don't think I'll ever get rid of my Softail. Can't think of any other bike I would rather have.