Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decisions...Decisions... And Hello !

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 03:26 PM
jtsteiert
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Decisions...Decisions... And Hello !

Well I have been reading the forum for several months now since I bought my first Harley. I bought a Heritage 05 after not riding for close to 25 years. I am completely happy with my first choice it is definitely a dream come true for me.
I have posted a couple of time and received a lot of helpful information which i appreciate.
Well a little about me... I am a 46 yr old new Harley rider, been riding most of my life until my daughter was born in 84, at that time I gave up riding to be a dad... A decision I am totally happy with, well 26 years later all my children are grown and gone and Dad had a new wife and some extra money so my wife pushed me into doing something for myself for a change and I bought my Heritage. I have put several thousand miles on her since I first brought her home, what enjoyment and stress relief it has been!!!! My wife rode behind me on the 2 up seat until she grew tired of that spot and now she has her own bike to ride besides me.... Life is more grand now than before if that s possible?
She even said for me to buy myself another Harley and let her ride the Heritage... Imagine that? Hall Pass to buy whatever Harley I wanted...
I ended up buying her a 05 Road Star which suits her perfectly but now I'm torn with my next decision. To do all the upgrades to my Heritage that I would like to do or buy the Ultra I have been lusting over...
I really love the Heritage but also love the features that come on a Ultra that will cost a small fortune to have put on my Heritage.
I want cruise control, GPS as I suck at directions, fairing, radio, increased lockable storage area, larger engine and a six speed transmission, ABS and security.
On a Ultra these are standard items, for my Heritage it would cost lots of $$$ to get these...

What are your opinions if faced with my decision, what would you do?

By the way I am in the coatings industry and have been for close to 30 years now, so if anyone needs any advise on coating related problems feel free to ask, I will help out any way I can.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A buddy at work has a Heritage and wants an Ultra also.
He still has kids at home, so he's stuck one or the other and doesn't want to give up his Heritage.

Sell the Road Star, give her the Heritage and get the Ultra.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Adammit
Tourer

I think the answer is simple. If you want to have all those other features then just go ahead and buy the ultra and your done.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Yep If you got the go ahead and the $$$$ do it .If thats what you want you will not regret it

Old 11-15-2010, 03:48 PM
chrisangie
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my Heritage but for all those bells you will need the Ultra they are super bikes. We ride a lot with friends that have them. To each his own thats why they make diffrent bikes, my wife rides a sporty and loves it.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:49 PM
jtsteiert
Intermediate

I like Kowan's answer... Then I will have both.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That way you can hop on the Heritage, (with the new owner's permission of course ) for those times you miss it.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:03 PM
dyna105
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jtsteiert
I like Kowan's answer... Then I will have both.
Sounded like the best answer to me.....even if its not my problem.