Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple questions about True Dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Dustmaker
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Couple questions about True Dual exhaust

I am thinking I want a set of true dual exhaust. Since I have not had a set, I need to know what the best ones are. I want some that will not blue the shields and are completely covered with chrome shields.

Let me know what you guys are running.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Old 11-07-2010, 09:06 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Samsons are what you want! I prefer the sound and look of Samsons to the funny looking "fishtails" on the V&H's. They are a true true dual with real fishtails and full coverage heat shields. I never had an issue with mine bluing. IF...your heatshields do blue there is an issue with your tune...

Drew

Old 11-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Samsons! Love the look and sound of mine. (unbaffled, open) The pipes will blue a bit but the shields cover it and shine. I'm with Drew, if you're bluing your shields you need to get a tune before you damage your motor.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Kramer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put the samson on mine this year and I love them..perfect sound and performance on my new upgraded 103". Easy install too!!.

Call Dr V-twin above...best price I could find anywhere and it was great to talk with someone that knew what I needed.

Kramer

Old 11-07-2010, 09:32 AM
gooberdog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I chose Samson longtails. I like the left side exhaust routing better than the V&H pipes. I have never heard of or seen a shield that has turned blue on any exhaust system. Is that even possible?

Old 11-07-2010, 09:51 AM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

SAMSONS!!!! I bought the 33s longtail from the Doctor. Couldnt be happier, PERIOD. I got the ones with baffles, when Im just putin around they rumble, when I yank on the throttle they open up and let you know whats up. As long as I have my LUX, I will never have another set of pipes. Love em.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Phantomryder
Road Master

I decided on the vance and hines with quiet baffles. They have a great reputation for quality and fit.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Reino_79
Tourer

Samsons for sure. If you dont want fishtails you can get them in non-fishtail too.

Check out the Samson website to find which pipes you want then this site for the BEST price.

http://www.legendmcs.com/bikers-choi...-exhausts.html

Old 11-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Dustmaker
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wanting to build a hard bagger with Baddad rear fender and stretched bags. Thinking about not having the exhaust come thru the rear at all, but just turn down.

As for the blueing, I have seen MANY touring bikes that have cheap exhaust that shows the blueing and not fully enclosed with heat shields.

Thanks for all of the replies!

Jimmy

Old 11-07-2010, 05:00 PM
JayDee5150
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for Samson's...

I've had three different Samson True Dual sets....

Had the old school system with 28" and 33" silver bullet fishtails. Now I have the new system with 39" Cholo longtails.

The old school systems didn't have complete head shield coverage and the mufflers were skinnier. The new system has full head shields from the jugs down to the mufflers.

Performance will degrade, mine did...especially with the old school system. When I put the new Cholo's on, I seemed to get a little low end back. You will never have the low end you are used to with True Duals, but IMHO the style and look is well worth loss of power.

I can still get my bike WELL above the speed limit if needed...it just takes me a little longer to get there .

Quick Reply: Couple questions about True Dual exhaust