Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple questions about True Dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010 | 07:18 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Yet another vote for Samsons.39" Cholo Longtails as well.No baffles.The look and sound just doesnt get any better IMO.Also purchased from the Doc could not be happier.

Old 11-08-2010 | 05:19 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Reino_79
Samsons for sure. If you dont want fishtails you can get them in non-fishtail too.

Check out the Samson website to find which pipes you want then this site for the BEST price.

http://www.legendmcs.com/bikers-choi...-exhausts.html
I'll beat those prices any day of the week guys.

Drew

Old 11-08-2010 | 08:33 PM
1baddeluxe
Intermediate

I've had the Samson fishtails, but now I am running Samson 4". Love them both.

Old 11-08-2010 | 09:02 PM
Santo
Road Warrior

Samson fish tails all the way! Got them from Dr.V-Twin he has the best price. The quality and finish are tops. Just make sure what you want, fish tails or long tails.

Old 11-08-2010 | 09:36 PM
flh80
Cruiser

Samson's have heat shields, I've got baffled ones and they are plenty loud, straight Fishtails "Crack" too loud, they're OK if you want your ears to bleed.

Old 11-08-2010 | 10:00 PM
SMF
Banned

Rocking the samsons here love them!!!

Old 11-08-2010 | 11:22 PM
Joe Diver
Road Master

Originally Posted by flh80
straight Fishtails "Crack" too loud, they're OK if you want your ears to bleed.
Nah, not even close. They're well behind you so the sound is projected to the back and away from you. No problems....in/out of the neighborhood I'm easy on the throttle and they have a nice rumble that is not obnoxious at all. Out on the highway you know they are there, but it's nothing compared to the wind noise at speed. I normally wear buds and listen to tunes though.

I get alot of compliments on the way my bike sounds now.

Old 11-09-2010 | 07:56 AM
nikonf8
Supporter

Jaydee if you are running 36 inch Samson cho los can you just replace the rear part of the system to go to 39 one thing i wish samson had done was make the fish tale tips replaceable i have been scraping mine quite a bit

Originally Posted by JayDee5150
Another vote for Samson's...

I've had three different Samson True Dual sets....

Had the old school system with 28" and 33" silver bullet fishtails. Now I have the new system with 39" Cholo longtails.

The old school systems didn't have complete head shield coverage and the mufflers were skinnier. The new system has full head shields from the jugs down to the mufflers.

Performance will degrade, mine did...especially with the old school system. When I put the new Cholo's on, I seemed to get a little low end back. You will never have the low end you are used to with True Duals, but IMHO the style and look is well worth loss of power.

I can still get my bike WELL above the speed limit if needed...it just takes me a little longer to get there .

Old 11-09-2010 | 08:23 AM
Yancey
Novice

I also went with Samson fishtale duals. The fishtales were non removable baffle and the sound was just not exactly what I wanted so I purchased the Samson turn-out mufflers. The turn-outs were an easy change over, just slip them on, no brackets needed to be changed and it took about 5 minutes. The turn-outs are non removable baffle, louder than the fishtales, and have a deeper tone.

Old 11-09-2010 | 08:53 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nikonf8
Jaydee if you are running 36 inch Samson cho los can you just replace the rear part of the system to go to 39 one thing i wish samson had done was make the fish tale tips replaceable i have been scraping mine quite a bit
You can just get the longer fishtails to put on the headers. I can get them for you! I think they are $399 retail which means I can get you a bit off of that.

Drew

Quick Reply: Couple questions about True Dual exhaust