Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 into 1...which one

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010 | 04:49 PM
AThousandHurricanes
Road Master

Originally Posted by mimo
If it's all about looks, then you're not mistaken, it's design lines kind of grow in you after all the compliments about sound and once you feel them perform. I didn't like them either, I trusted the guy in the parts dept. at HD Las Vegas and have not regret my descision. Yes, their site is poor, but believe me, they are worth every penny. Have you seen Fat Cats on drag bikes? They are OEM exhaust equipment in more than one bike builder that puts big engines in their frames. To each his own. I'm using mine 'til they rot, and as today I have not found a different pipe to replace the current set (the closest thing is a custom made 2-1 LSR-1)

I love this next one, if this is not blending with the bike's design lines, then I'm totally lost

Mimo.

Haha...I see this pic an envision some fancy wedding going on in the background while Mimo is tearing up the nice lawn and hitting on the bridesmaids.

Old 11-04-2010 | 05:02 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by AThousandHurricanes
Haha...I see this pic an envision some fancy wedding going on in the background while Mimo is tearing up the nice lawn and hitting on the bridesmaids.
and sisters, cousins, etc. bwahahahahaa

Old 11-04-2010 | 05:03 PM
strokerjlk
Cruiser

for your application you cant beat the D&D fat cat QB.
Here is a pipe shoot out I did with three 2-1 pipes.
D&D fatcat QB
Thunderheader
RB racing LSR.
The graph is marked
FC=fatcat
TH= thunderheader
RB = RB LSR

Old 11-04-2010 | 05:07 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

Wow, that's a very valuable and interesting chart, thanks for sharing.

What was the performance parts breakdown on that bike? Carbed or EFI? Twinky or Evo? CI???

Mimo.

Old 11-04-2010 | 06:42 PM
strokerjlk
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mimo
Wow, that's a very valuable and interesting chart, thanks for sharing.

What was the performance parts breakdown on that bike? Carbed or EFI? Twinky or Evo? CI???

Mimo.
95 ci T/C branch pistons and heads . 10.6 static compression. Head Quarters 575 cams .stock EFI T/B.
This set up (branch heads) is more for a big hp cam, to make right side high HP. the owner pulled the branch cams and installed the head quarters cams ,to try and get some bottom end tq.
with 337 gears it pulls hard everywhere now. the plan now is to do a all bore 104 or 107 and re-use the branch heads and cams. it should then make everything shine.

Old 11-04-2010 | 06:43 PM
rollin fxst
Tourer

im running the samson (caliber) they have 2 baffles for different sound levels, performace, ect.
nice deep tone not to loud but still lets you know that you have an exhaust when you get on thottle

Attached Thumbnails 2 into 1...which one-100_1689.jpg  
Old 11-04-2010 | 06:48 PM
shakerharley
Advanced

Wouldn't trade my V&H Pro Pipe for any other out there. The deep throaty tone of the pipe is awesome!

Old 11-04-2010 | 06:51 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by strokerjlk
95 ci T/C branch pistons and heads . 10.6 static compression. Head Quarters 575 cams .stock EFI T/B.
This set up (branch heads) is more for a big hp cam, to make right side high HP. the owner pulled the branch cams and installed the head quarters cams ,to try and get some bottom end tq.
with 337 gears it pulls hard everywhere now. the plan now is to do a all bore 104 or 107 and re-use the branch heads and cams. it should then make everything shine.
Very nice... Thanks for the details,

Mimo.

Old 12-02-2010 | 09:30 AM
CJinNH
|
Cruiser

http://www.bassani.com/part_thumbnai...600&height=500

OK, I've come full circle, still cant decide on a 2-1, but saw this BAssani pipe and like the turn out look.... Anyone know the performance of this compared to a 2-1?

Its part SFT 321 TO

Old 12-02-2010 | 10:03 AM
FLSTF
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CJinNH
http://www.bassani.com/part_thumbnai...600&height=500

OK, I've come full circle, still cant decide on a 2-1, but saw this BAssani pipe and like the turn out look.... Anyone know the performance of this compared to a 2-1?

Its part SFT 321 TO

I used to run those only the straight cut version. You will lose low end with those compared to a 2 into 1, and if you're worried about noise ordinances these may not be for you. There a bit on the loud side.

Quick Reply: 2 into 1...which one