Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Denim Paint,,, Need Help All Replies are welcome, Thank You in Advance !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 12:08 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The dealer gave me a bottle of the HD cleaner when I bought my scooter, it works well. Not sure of the price but I will probably buy another bottle when I run out. Also, I think the technique, formula or whatever changed on denim paint a few years ago so the care might have changed as well?

Last edited by mmcbeat; 07-06-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:51 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Dish soap for a wash, windex for a quick clean up. Dish soap strips all grease and grime, leaves it nice, flat, and clean.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:22 AM
oldtriker
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black denim

wash with dawn, Use HD denim wipe down. Wizard also makes a good denim wipe down. some use windex. No Wax!

Old 07-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Denim paint is the easiest to maintain. My original denim tins from 2008 still look showroom new. Soap and water is all you need. When I wash my bike I just wash it with any regular (non-wax) car soap or even dish soap such as Dawn. In between washing I just wipe it down with a very soft rag lightly dampened with plain water or with a very mild mixture of water and Dawn dish liquid if there is a bug or some other stain I want to remove. Also, avoid buffing too much when washing, drying and detailing as the more the paint gets rubbed on the shiner it starts to turn. This is easily avoided because in my opinion, the denim paint cleans VERY easily. I have gone long periods of not washing and the front of my tank will have many bugs and road grime that may seem like a nightmare to remove. However regular washing with soap and water takes everything right off. Although I would not recommend leaving dead bugs splatter on your paint for very long, it's good to know that if you can't get to it right away you will still be able to get the tins good and clean with little effort.