Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am thinking about bagging my fatboy...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 07:23 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NorCal Dog
IMO, a Fatty just ain't PHAT without bags

Really nice looking bike. Would luv to see more pics of this.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:14 AM
HarleyCamper
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Already said but detachable is the ticket. I've got Easy Brackets on my Hardstreets. I put them on and take them off all the time, nuthin to it. $200 won't quite cut it but they're a lot less than the MOCO bags. Decent amount of room, lockable and even work with stock bags, just sayin'.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Reino_79
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No offense AYSRAV, but those things look tiny in your signature picture. Im not sure why its showing up on your post here.

But then again, I guess thats why there are so many options out there. To each his own.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Yoric
Intermediate

I bought a set of used Harley NightTrain bags & mounts for $120 CDN and retrofitted them to fit the fatty. They're not overly large, but I can fit my jiu jitsu gi jacket into one side, and the pants/towel/etc in the other one, it does the job for me. I have stock exhaust with slip ons.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:55 PM
HarleyCamper
Road Master

Originally Posted by Reino_79
No offense AYSRAV, but those things look tiny in your signature picture. Im not sure why its showing up on your post here.

But then again, I guess thats why there are so many options out there. To each his own.
No argument there Reino and no offense taken. The little hardbags in my ol' siganture pic are long gone. I just like the scenery in that shot and I guess the fact that I'm in it. lol
Those were Mutazu's, too small and cheaply made. I knew what I was getting though and they served my needs for a while. Now I've got these Hardstreets which are far superior (and larger). Probably hang on to these for a while.

Attached Thumbnails I am thinking about bagging my fatboy...-hs-angle.jpg   I am thinking about bagging my fatboy...-hs-close-angle.jpg  
Old 11-04-2010, 09:21 PM
FATBAGGA
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My bags

Drew I used the cycle visions mounts and love them. I used the hard bags but the gap from the ground to the bottom of the bags were to much for me. So I ordered the Baddad bag extensions and extended rear fender from you. I like my fairing but what I really like is that it can be removed. I am going to install a set of 16" apes soon and can't wait for the new look. Did you notice that bracket on my front fender that allowed me to install a 21" wheel on my bike ha ha. I always said I would never have a bagger but I love my bags now. I will be repainting my bike this winter I will post some pics when I'm done.

I am thinking about bagging my fatboy...-new-pic.jpg

I am thinking about bagging my fatboy...-new-pic2.jpg

Old 11-04-2010, 09:23 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I do recognize that bracket for the fender! Do you ever scrape the extended bags? That would be my concern with extending them.

Drew

Old 11-04-2010, 09:35 PM
FATBAGGA
Advanced

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I do recognize that bracket for the fender! Do you ever scrape the extended bags? That would be my concern with extending them.

Drew
Not yet I was told the running boards will scrape before the bags hit. My ride is lowered 2", I would love a air ride so I could really slam it.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Fireman1501
Road Master

That is a sick softy bagger.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:31 PM
dcgray2
Tourer

All,

I am in the process of narrowing down choices of hard bags for my 2010 Fatboy Lo. I swapped stock exhaust for V&H Bigshots so I've got something like 16" of vertical clearance from the top of the fender.

IMHO, the harley bags are overpriced and look small on the Fatboy once you factor out the stock exhaust.

If I could have my ultimate preference I would like the following:

- BIG hard bags. Fill that tire up!
- Shape that follows the fender curve
- Rounded in shape, no FLH bags, No Sumax bags
- Mounted as close to the strut as possible
- Reasonably removable, no "quick detach" required

I'm looking for the "big smooth ***" look, LOL!

Has anyone looked at the Tsukaya Hardbags for Heritage - http://www.tsukayu.com/HardbagsforHeritage.html

These bags are softail specific so they have inlays on the inside for the strut / axle nut. They are fairly large at 26 liters / 1600 cu inches per bag and will fill the wheel out fairly well. So if you "hard mount" them they can lay against the fender very tight (lots of pictures on the site).

The big "problem" with these being they are setup for the stock Heritage mounts which don't bolt right on to the Fatboy strut and have an extra mount point behind the foot peg.

I have access to custom fab / machinist at no charge so I don't feel too apprehensive about getting mounts made, but maybe I'm just being naive. And I don't have a problem spending 15 minutes unbolting some bags to totally change the look of the bike.

Opinions?

Quick Reply: I am thinking about bagging my fatboy...