Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am thinking about bagging my fatboy...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Recon Dad
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DD&Weevil
He won't have an exhaust issue with cycle vision brackets and hard bags.
You still have to consider clearance on the hard bags. Some of the 2 into 1 pipes and others are raised up at the ends.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Nubs13
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drew,

Bag it!!!!!

I wish I could bag mine but can't find a rear fender for the 200 rear lo tire. Does anyone know if I could put a deluxe rear fender on mine? I

Old 10-25-2010, 05:22 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default hardbags

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I am thinking about bagging my fatboy...
the first option is Harley hard bags painted vivid black with red pin striping to match my bike...Opinions?
I think you shouldn't compromise. Clearly you have found the need to provide rain-proof, lockable storage, so you can carry the stuff we need to have along, much of the time. Using HD bags maintains the HD look. Many aftermarket bags look like someone's wet dream.

My Dyna is getting the HD police hardbags this winter. Moco provided locks keyed to my bike. I intend to fabricate a custom mount which attaches to the existing holes in the struts, so it can be removed with just 4 bolts. This is as close to Q/R as I require.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:32 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by hspring03
Get a second bike with bags and leave the Fatboy as is....
If this was an option I would be all over it. And I will never put a fairing or windshield on this bike.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:08 PM
Santo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Your bike looks sick as is Drew, but some times bags do make life easier. Done right they do look really cool. Im sure you can pull it off, you have the eye for it.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:27 PM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

I get it. This is some kind of joke. Sometimes it hurts to look good. Just ask a hot babe with stilletto heels about how much they hurt, but man they look awesome. Keep that bad boy the way it is, you'll find a way to overcome no bags.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:33 PM
spydyr
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
... And I will never put a fairing or windshield on this bike.
AMEN BROTHER! Ever since I got my fattie 11 months ago, I said the same thing & am still sayin' it. They ask me every time, and every time I say "Windshields are for Glides. Mines' a FATBOY"

For bags, I got some removable buffalo zipper bags from Ebay... you mash the middle mount under the passenger pillon, & zip them on when needed. They aren't the greatest but I would never want to put on permanent bags.

Short story.... leave it as is..... get removable bags.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:38 PM
2wheeltom77
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the Boss Bags. I went with the small ones, and would go bigger if I had it to do over. 2 years on the bike all the time and I love them.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,601 Likes on 2,724 Posts
Default Get a 2nd bike.

I'm voting with the "get a 2nd bike" crowd, you can take each bike in separate directions.

Bagger owners are customers too!

Old 10-25-2010, 08:20 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Yeah, the get a second bike is not even close to reality right now or I would have already done it. I keep forgetting I just put a solo bag on and the only place I have ridden is home from the shop. The main reason I am thinking bags is that I am now offering cycle consultations at your palce of work, home or place of your choosing and all those catalogs are heavy and take up a lot of space. Otherwise, I am good.

The only way a bagger could happen now is if I were to trade my bike in and that is never happening. Maybe I got some bad acid this morning...who knows.

Drew

Drew

Quick Reply: I am thinking about bagging my fatboy...