Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Friday's project...Ricor intiminators install

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 12:50 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Friday's project...Ricor intiminators install

I am finally getting around to getting my Ricor Intiminators installed. I have had these sitting here for over a month. Here is some info from their site.

The INTIMINATOR is the world's first patented inertia activated front fork and the only front fork on the market that detects if the wheel is trying to move or if the chassis is trying to move, resulting in a more stable chassis and a faster wheel response over bumps.

This advanced capability is made possible using our core product differentiator - the inertia valve. Ricor's patented inertia valve is the only product on the market that is smart enough to know if the wheel is trying to move or if the chassis is trying to move. This allows for a more stable chassis and a faster wheel response over bumps. Ricor incorporated the inertia valve into the INTIMINATOR design.

The INTIMINATOR works by sitting on top of your stock damper rod and forcing the oil through high quality deflected discs found in top of the line shock absorbers. When the front tyre hits a bump, the inertia of that bump opens the inertia valve instantly allowing a faster response. Installation is easy, drain the fork oil, remove the spring, drop in the INTIMINATOR, add the required oil, then the spring and away you go.

Also check out the animation that shows how they work.
http://www.intiminators.com/

It looks like I will have to do a bit or riding after the install and this weekend in order to form an opinion on this product. For the record, my front end is completely stock with the exception of S/E heavy fork oil and has been this way since I have owned the bike which is 5 years.

My hope is that these will balance out the suspension as the front is not on cue with the great performance of the Shotgun Shock. I will report back with pics of the install as always and a full write up, including a riding review. Thanks to Brian at Ricor for helping me decide to drop the cash on these.

Drew

Old 10-15-2010, 01:03 AM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought you already had these installed drew how you been mang?

Old 10-15-2010, 01:04 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

drew how much can you get the intiminators for my 08 street bob for shipped to 11001?

i'm addressing my suspension this winter, and this is an upgrade i'd like to make.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:47 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you going to go back to the lighter weight oil they recommend?

Old 10-15-2010, 01:53 AM
Johnny 5
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

def keep us up on how these are, i know you were talking about them in the emails as well as bobber recomending them to me

Old 10-15-2010, 08:13 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Talk to Brian at Ricor to order. They have a forum discount but I can't remember what it is.
Here is their contact page. Tell him I sent you please.
http://store.ricorshocks.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=26

I will sue 5W oil as it says to use. I will report back with a full review and comparison to how my the front end is now. I have a feeling ti ti s going to be one of those things where I say I can't believe i waited so long.

Drew

Old 10-15-2010, 10:16 AM
SUUIE
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No lowering springs in the front?

Old 10-15-2010, 10:19 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Nah. I don't care if my ride is lowered in the front. Maybe later for that. I don't know.

Drew

Old 10-15-2010, 07:27 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Well, the install did not go as planned and has been put off until I have all the necessary items at hand including new fork seals, a long 6mm allen for a socket, and some desire to pull the forks apart, It was not happening today. All we managed to do was tap my breathers and lose a bolt. Take it apart, put it back together. LOL. I knew I should have taken the day off.

Drew

Old 10-22-2010, 10:00 PM
IceColdDeluxe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any news on these Drew? Considering doing these this winter with the Progressive kit if I go that route.

Quick Reply: Friday's project...Ricor intiminators install