Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arlen Ness Big Sucker Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010 | 08:39 PM
hotshot
Tourer

Thanks Pepi for the info. Whatever came with the Big Sucker is what is on it now. I don't think you could spend any more money on another brand and do any more for the bike. In other words, spending more money.... probably won't do much over the Big Sucker.... other than make you wallet lighter. :-) Thanks !

Old 10-12-2010 | 08:42 PM
av8or
Road Master

Never had any oil dripping, or any other problems with my Ness Big Sucker.

Attached Thumbnails Arlen Ness Big Sucker Question-air-cleaner.jpg  
Old 10-13-2010 | 07:58 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member

you should do a fuel management even with nothing done. with that said no you dont need to do a fuel management because of exhaust or breather mod.

Old 10-13-2010 | 08:51 AM
djl
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Community Team

Don't piece meal the Stage I upgrade; do it all at once. If you don't think you will go beyond Stage I, get one of the pot type fuel management systems like Techlusion DFO, seclect a better exhaust system (2:1 preferably to maximize the benefit of the upgrade) and a Zipper's MoFlo air filter to install under the factory cover. Install and tune with the butt dyno.

If you think some day you may get adventurous and upgrade cams, port heads, increase compression, etc. you will need a fuel management system that will allow timing adjustments, like the TTS Mastertune, SERT or SEST (TTS is probably the best of the lot right now) and a good tuner. More money but cheaper in the long run because you won't be able to adjust timing with a unit like the Techlusion, so you will need an upgrade.

The benefit of spending the bucks for the more sophisticated fuel management system now will optimize Stage I performance a bit.

Don't get in a hurry, do some homework, think it through and do it all at once; cheaper and smarter.

Old 10-13-2010 | 04:53 PM
ejvette
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by djl
Don't piece meal the Stage I upgrade; do it all at once. If you don't think you will go beyond Stage I, get one of the pot type fuel management systems like Techlusion DFO, seclect a better exhaust system (2:1 preferably to maximize the benefit of the upgrade) and a Zipper's MoFlo air filter to install under the factory cover. Install and tune with the butt dyno.

If you think some day you may get adventurous and upgrade cams, port heads, increase compression, etc. you will need a fuel management system that will allow timing adjustments, like the TTS Mastertune, SERT or SEST (TTS is probably the best of the lot right now) and a good tuner. More money but cheaper in the long run because you won't be able to adjust timing with a unit like the Techlusion, so you will need an upgrade.

The benefit of spending the bucks for the more sophisticated fuel management system now will optimize Stage I performance a bit.

Don't get in a hurry, do some homework, think it through and do it all at once; cheaper and smarter.
That sounds like really sound advice thanks. Im like a kid in a candy store right now anxious to go mod crazy !

Old 10-13-2010 | 08:45 PM
Betzman
Stage I

That's what I did with mine. Got the Ness Stage 1 filter and bought the Dobeck FI controller which works great. You can adjust your bike to how you want it to respond to your riding style. I've got a D&D 2n1 on order so I'm hoping this will help even more with performance.