Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stalling issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010 | 07:23 PM
NursePhoenix
|
Tourer

Thank you all!
Froggy, that's exactly how I would describe what my bike does.
I live in south Louisana and it's REALLY humid!
I don't have a key fob or security system on my bike.
Vance and Hines gave a big range of fuel adjustment at idle so we went up another notch so I'll see how it goes.
I'm stopping by the dealership tomorrow so I'll see about the IAC.

Old 10-09-2010 | 11:44 AM
JC65
Novice

I have an 08 Wide Glide with 22000kms. V&H pipes with Fuel Pac. I'm having the same problems. Very low idle when I stop, sometimes stalling. Having to gas the bike to keep it running. Sometimes it will pick up gradually on it's own.

Old 10-09-2010 | 01:16 PM
ItsYBob
Advanced

last weekend was down at BBQ, and the bike 06 deluxe FI, would stall at stops, idle slow, start high rpm and slow down to a die. Was pertty bad trying to keep it going in traffic. should have taken it to the shop, but didn't until Monday when I got back.
It was the fuel pump. psi was 45, to low.
might run a psi check on fuel.

Old 10-10-2010 | 09:16 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

I would take the fuelpak off and ride for a little bit and see if it still happens to eliminate the option of it being the fulepak.

Drew

Old 10-11-2010 | 07:42 AM
jinxtre
Novice

i have taken the fuel pac off and it still does it but not as bad. i also sent the fuel pac to vance and hines and it checked out ok.

Old 10-12-2010 | 10:14 AM
jinxtre
Novice

Originally Posted by ItsYBob
last weekend was down at BBQ, and the bike 06 deluxe FI, would stall at stops, idle slow, start high rpm and slow down to a die. Was pertty bad trying to keep it going in traffic. should have taken it to the shop, but didn't until Monday when I got back.
It was the fuel pump. psi was 45, to low.
might run a psi check on fuel.
how much did the steelership charge you for that service?

Old 10-12-2010 | 01:49 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member

Sounds like IAC or other sensor. Does it do it worse when the bike cold or hot/up to operating temps?

Old 10-13-2010 | 07:09 PM
NursePhoenix
|
Tourer

It stalls after the engine warms up but it doesn't matter what the ambient temperature is.
We went up another number on the Fuel Pack and are still within the recommended range.
I rode two hours to take the experienced rider class and did slow manuvers like figure 8's, u-turns, etc., without it stalling or wanting to..

Doc, I sent you a PM about some wheels

Last edited by NursePhoenix; 10-15-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-17-2010 | 06:02 PM
Tombo359
Cruiser
Question

I have a 2010 FLTK with about 2800 miles on it. It recently began stalling at idle after warming up. I thought there might be a problem with the PCV so I pulled that and it will still stall once it reached operating temperature. It appears that earlier (07) models have had problems with the Idle Air Control valve but I have looked through the shop manual for the 2010 and can find no reference to the IAC. I have the K&N filter on an S.E. intake. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 11-13-2010 | 02:40 PM
NursePhoenix
|
Tourer

It ran great for about 2K miles after I changed the battery, but then it started again. I finally broke down and brought it to the dealership. The ECM's are occasionally upgraded. The first upgrade ends with the letter A and goes up alphabetically with each new upgrade. The bike had the A upgrade and the most recent upgrade is H. They charged me for the upgrade ($150) only because it had already been upgraded. The idle screw and IAC checked out fine.
It doesn't idle as high when I turn the bike on and so far it rides great but only time will tell.

Quick Reply: Stalling issues