Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D Fatcat looks funny??

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 11:56 PM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too distracted checking out the bike to notice the pipe bro sick fender bro.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:38 AM
sml_hd
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We now have a picture!

Originally Posted by sml_hd
Just thought I would add an update to this post. I just installed the 504-32BQ Fat Cat (part number recommended by D&D) on a 2008 FXSTC. The cut on the pipe is more like a boloney cut than a slash cut...almost in between the two. Looks cool...but it is different than the earlier version of this pipe.

Attached Thumbnails D&D Fatcat looks funny??-dandd-1.jpg  
Old 03-09-2011, 09:15 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WARG
I have the heritage muffler arriving on Thursday. Got it used from a forum member for less than half the price of new. It has some scratches on bottom from scraping but after lowering my ride ill probably add some scratches of my own, LOL.
Oh you will Warg.... I didn't have mine on but two days and had already chaffed it due to being to low. Gonna have to watch it from now on.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:38 AM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsqrne
Oh you will Warg.... I didn't have mine on but two days and had already chaffed it due to being to low. Gonna have to watch it from now on.
Yeah, I lowered my frontend 2" this weekend, and with the air ride it will riding pretty low. At least with the air ride I can adjust if needed.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:52 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Lowering the front actually has the ability make the rear of the pipe run higher as ti evens out the height of the bike. Of curse this varies on the amount that each bike is lowered front and rear.

Drew

Old 03-09-2011, 03:27 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Lowering the front actually has the ability make the rear of the pipe run higher as ti evens out the height of the bike. Of curse this varies on the amount that each bike is lowered front and rear.

Drew
I'll let you guys know tomorrow hopefully. I finished all my winter mods this weekend except for the fat cat.

Drew, I rode the bike today and the shorter forks actually give it a more aggressive sporty feel. I like it! I got some pics for you. You don't have to remove the bars. You can pop the caps and pull the fork tubes with the bars on. I could actually do the whole job by just removing headlight, tins, and caliper. Drain fork oil, unscrew caps and loosen pinch bolts, then raise the bike and let the front slide through the trees. Unscrew the caps, pull spring, add new oil, add new springs and spacer, and put back together.

I'll post some pics in a new thread.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:14 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks. I was looking at my bike yesterday and realized it is much simpler than I thought with the exception of the fact that I need an open end wrench that is big enough to get on the tube caps. Neither of my giant crescents are giant enough.

Drew

Old 03-10-2011, 10:56 AM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Thanks. I was looking at my bike yesterday and realized it is much simpler than I thought with the exception of the fact that I need an open end wrench that is big enough to get on the tube caps. Neither of my giant crescents are giant enough.

Drew
I used a big crescent to do it.