Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D Fatcat looks funny??

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 06:09 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mimo
I'd advice to leave as it is. Can't hardly notice that. BUT if you're like me (perfectionist, or shall I say OCD) LOL, you'll end up swapping the parts in the end. Relax!

Mimo.
Those phrases have come up from time to time. The dealer is checking on it tomorrow just to see what the deal is. I'll make a decision from there. It is definitely different than what I had before. The first muffler was turned down and also the angle of the slash cut was greater.

Thanks Drew a picture will help!

Old 10-05-2010, 07:32 PM
scasey
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyheaven
I had to replace my muffler portion on my D&D Fatcat due to the accident I was in. The one I had before (still in my signature picture) is slanted down and the new one is slanted away from the bike. Is this a change or was the wrong one ordered? I'm not sure if I like it this way??
I like it, if you don't mind me asking, what kind os seat is that and is it reasonably comfortable?

Old 10-05-2010, 07:35 PM
TheMo
Cruiser

Here is a pic of mine which I just received from D&D on Friday. It slants out so they must have changed it. Come to think of it, I noticed that after installing it but couldn't put my finger on what was different. Oh well, it looks good to me.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:56 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master

Originally Posted by scasey
I like it, if you don't mind me asking, what kind os seat is that and is it reasonably comfortable?
Not sure which one you're asking about so:
The two-up seat is a Saddleman Explorer and it is very comfortable. It is big and not the most streamlined but it does great for long rides.
The solo seat in my signature is a custom seat from High Rollers in Winston salem, NC and it is pretty comfortable as well.

Originally Posted by TheMo
Here is a pic of mine which I just received from D&D on Friday. It slants out so they must have changed it. Come to think of it, I noticed that after installing it but couldn't put my finger on what was different. Oh well, it looks good to me.

Looks like they must have changed them because the muffler in my signature is definitely different. I also think the new style is shorter?

Last edited by harleyheaven; 10-05-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:36 PM
TheMo
Cruiser

Compared to your signature pic, my pipe does look quite a bit shorter. Man, the more I look at it I like your original pipe even more. I'm gonna have to stop looking so closely at them, I just installed it a few days ago!

For the record, mine is the D&D Fatcat 2 into1, chrome, louvered baffle, 00-10 softail. part # 504-32B-60087

Old 10-05-2010, 08:44 PM
TheMo
Cruiser

Here is a pic from the catalog. The slash and length certainly look like your sig pic while what we received is shorter and has outward slash.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:45 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master

The Fatcat is a low pipe and one of the few complaints I ever heard was about it scraping. Maybe they shortened it and changed the angles on the end to help with this. Whatcha think?

Old 10-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Very possible. It does look like it rides alittle higher in the new version.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:55 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Finally got a few pics of my fatcat. You be the judge.

Drew

Old 10-05-2010, 10:09 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Finally got a few pics of my fatcat. You be the judge.

Drew
Yours is just like the new one I have. There must have been a style change. A call to D&D may be in order tomorrow to figure this thing out.

Quick Reply: D&D Fatcat looks funny??