Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did the Heritage and Deluxe 21” wheel craze start?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 11:51 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I live in new England and i have yet to see another bike with cho los on it. The west coast is always the trend setter as long as i can remember. I remember my older brother rest his sole going to California to buy parts back in the in 1965 because none of the hot stuff had hit the east coast yet like pipes and other things he wanted. he would go there stay with a friend ship his parts back then it was by train and be pissed every day he had to wait for them. I have yet to see any one in my area with cho los besides myself and I do scrape them all the time by the end of next season i will have to replace them as the tips will be worn through

Originally Posted by SevenDLux
Funny thing is that out of the thousands of Harleys I see in New England, I've never seen this SoCal style softail other than on this forum. I love the style, and I'm going to try to do my own take on it.

The problem with New Englands is the hills and steep driveways. I'll have to keep the pipes short. Or I could just scrape them....

Old 10-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Santo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well put JayDee, I couldn't agree with you more. Great pics you posted.

Originally Posted by JayDee5150
A lot of that style comes from the California low rider scene...guys starting building bikes in the same style they built there old bombs...it's just an evolution from bomb to bike...

Take a look at low rider bicycles as well...they all have white walls, bit front wheels, apes, ect...low rider cars, motorcycles, and bicycles...they all short of share the same styling here in Cali...

Here are just a few pictures representing that style...

Old 10-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Santo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nikon your right about the west coast is always the trend setter. Seems like every popular trend starts there.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:28 PM
bbeavers76
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great thread! To me its an art. I love the look, the era, the feel. I agree with above as West Coast has always been the trend setters in custom rods and lowrider mods.

Great looking bikes. Dr. V-Twin who makes those pipes ur sporting? Sick. Looking to change but leaning away from the f-tails. They are becoming a bit too common.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:51 PM
dyebartdie
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JayDee5150
A lot of that style comes from the California low rider scene...guys starting building bikes in the same style they built there old bombs...it's just an evolution from bomb to bike...

Take a look at low rider bicycles as well...they all have white walls, bit front wheels, apes, ect...low rider cars, motorcycles, and bicycles...they all short of share the same styling here in Cali...

Here are just a few pictures representing that style...

Totally agree!

Old 10-04-2010, 02:31 PM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** I just semi finished my vicla I made a few mods to suit me and my taste and I think it looks like a rat lowrider hybrid my two likes

Old 10-04-2010, 07:08 PM
snook592
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BOBBEREVO88
**** I just semi finished my vicla I made a few mods to suit me and my taste and I think it looks like a rat lowrider hybrid my two likes

Wheres the photos? We all love photos !!!!!

Old 10-04-2010, 07:17 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Just so you guys know, I am offering a new special on all parts to make your ride into a Vicla. Dr. V-Twin's new Autumn/Winter p[rices are now in effect! Get everything for your winter project now so you are ready when the snow hits! PM or email me at DREW@DRVTWIN.COM for pricing please. My Vicla is in a constant state of change. Tomorrow....nacelle and passing lamps! Pics to come.

Drew

Drew

Old 10-04-2010, 07:33 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, this vicla thing going on, is a brown pride stuff ese!...

Mimo.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:46 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,239 Likes on 22,615 Posts

Funny, I couldn't wait to get rid of the 21 that I had on Fxstc and put on a 16 inch chrome thunderstar on it. Most said that it was an immediate improvement.

Quick Reply: How did the Heritage and Deluxe 21” wheel craze start?