Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to know what the owners of Rockers think.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 12:33 AM
SeLFiSh 1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to know what the owners of Rockers think.

I am a deployed soldier looking to get my first Harley when I get back.
I love the look of the Rocker, and have been looking at all the after market items I would like to get for it and have designed differant paint schemes to keep myself motivated and make the time pass buy. Well let's get to the point.

I have read alot of reviews that magazines has done but I want to know how the riders feel. In one artical it states that as you are turning that you have to pull the bike into the turn,I understand that you might have to do that with the 240 on the rear. Well How do you feel about it.

For those who have done the Hartland conversion, Will you please explain the differance of the handling of the bike and the feel on long rides?

What about power I know it comes with 96ci, Does it lag alot up hill or with a passenger?

What all upgrades do you need to make a 103?

Thank you all for your help.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:28 AM
SeLFiSh 1
Cruiser

Also What shocks have you found to be the best for the heartland conversion, Did you see a differance in smothness when riding?

Old 10-03-2010, 05:32 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I love mine, have had no probs in the twisties compared to other softies, once u learn the bike, I run a set of lowering bolts, its firm but to me not uncomfortable... & no dramas riding 2up....

Dan

Old 10-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine is set up for solo only. The wide tire requires a little more input than a narrow one would. It doesn't just fall into a turn, but you get use to it.

For me, the seat is it's major fault. To get that hidden passener seat required very little padding for the rider.
I put a Danny Gray on mine and love the ride now.

If I converted to a Heartland setup, a Shotgun air ride would also go on it to hide the huge gap between the fender and tire.

P.S. thanks for your service and hope you get home quickly to enjoy your ride.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I got no problems in the turns.
I have pipes, A/C and tuner and the power is good. Up hill no problem and I'm a big guy.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have had my 08 rocker for 2 years and LOVE it!! Once you ride it for a couple thousand miles, it rides like a dream!! HD won 3 engineering awards for the bike also. Get it, you won/t regret it!! Be safe!

Old 10-03-2010, 09:26 PM
chopperglide
Advanced

great bike for local 300 mile weekends good, mine is lowered with solo seat trick seat stinks, hard ride, easy to turn, fast & light, not many around, if you want comfort go with touring!!!

Old 10-07-2010, 06:28 AM
RockerDaveL
Intermediate

I love mine.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:58 AM
felixsum
Tourer

I love my ride. Honestly, compared to a sportbike it handles like a bear on rollerskates. It wants to stand up and you do have to push it. That little bit of honesty must be combined with "I FREAKIN LOVE IT AND WOULDN'T TRADE IT FOR ANY OTHER BIKE!!!"

Old 10-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Ruralmed
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also love my Rocker. Cornering clearance is an issue, especially after riding sport bikes for a long time. But, once you grind down the low hanging parts, it handles like a dream. It took me a few hundred miles to learn to trust the front end. I do a 4-5K mile trip every year and really enjoy the open air simplistic feeling of the Rocker. I have almost 19K on my 08 and have not had any problems. I cannot recommend the 103 Stage II kit enough, it has been the best $ spent on the bike so far. Thanks for serving, I know what that long wait feels like. I was doing the same thing during Dessert Shield.

Last edited by Ruralmed; 10-07-2010 at 01:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Want to know what the owners of Rockers think.