Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to know what the owners of Rockers think.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 04:19 AM
Black Rock
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my Rocker....
Vance & Hines pipes, AutoTune EFI, Sceamin Eagle Pod Airfilter and Burleigh Stainless Steel Bars are a must...

Last edited by Black Rock; 10-08-2010 at 05:08 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:28 AM
SeLFiSh 1
Cruiser

Thanks everyone for your insite. Although I didn't hear to many oppinions on the lowering shock choices after installing the heartland convertion kit, or is it realy needed? I have heard that it will leave a nasty gap.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:28 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SeLFiSh 1
Thanks everyone for your insite. Although I didn't hear to many oppinions on the lowering shock choices after installing the heartland convertion kit, or is it realy needed? I have heard that it will leave a nasty gap.

It will be more noticeable on the real short fenders, mine is 2" down & looks about right to me...

Old 10-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Rocker Rider
Novice
Default Rocker C

Greetings from back in the world!!! I am a Viet Nam Vet and I know it is nice to have the time pass... FAST! I have a 2008 Rocker C and I have done the Heartland conversion. This is the look that the bike should have had from the factory. But I am glad it didn't because I have something just a little different and it draws the looks. I used the Platinum Bleed/Feed system and not only is the look outstanding but the ride is much better than the stock ride. I am 240 lbs and have the bike set up for solo only and never had a problem with power. I think the big rear tire has as much affect on the handling as does the rake and handlebars. Once you have a couple of thousand miles under your butt on the Rocker other bikes handle a little different not the Rocker. Check around for the engine upgrades. There is a lot of good people out there doing good work. Make sure you get the engine work done for the type of riding you do. If you are from the midwest I know of a few shops I would recommend. PM me if ya got any other questions or just want to make time fly. Remember keep your head down and get back home safe and sound. From one Vet to another THANKS for the work you are doing over there.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:45 AM
SeLFiSh 1
Cruiser

Thanks that is a awesome system, a little pricey though after spending 2000+ on the heartland conversion. After watching the video they posted on youtube it does look like it will offer a great ride solo or accompanied.Thanks man for the support as well.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going to install a Shotgun Shock air system on my Rocker today.
Dr. V-TWIN, (Drew) was running a Platinum Bleed/Feed and now has a Shotgun setup. I ordered through him for a saving over ordering direct from JD.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:58 AM
SeLFiSh 1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Kowan
I'm going to install a Shotgun Shock air system on my Rocker today.
Dr. V-TWIN, (Drew) was running a Platinum Bleed/Feed and now has a Shotgun setup. I ordered through him for a saving over ordering direct from JD.
I have been looking onto those myself after hearing how much cleaner and user friendley they are. Let us know how they work out for you on the Rocker.
Are you installing them yourself?

Old 10-13-2010, 06:42 AM
08rock
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

My 08 Rocker C is my second bike and I love it. It handles like a dream. it has plenty of power. I installed the Heartland kit so I would be able to use their 2 up seat and I liked the look better than stock. I also installed Shotgun Shocks for lowering the bike and the improvement in the ride was amazing.
Anyone who wants the look of a custom bike that can be rode comfortable all day should consider the Rocker

Last edited by 08rock; 10-13-2010 at 06:45 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:58 AM
harleymartin
Intermediate

Had about ten harleys and my Rocker is the best, have a look at Rocket Bobs web site at http://www.rocketbobs.biz/ his rocker conversion is very good

Old 10-13-2010, 09:10 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Shotgun or Platinum for the rear shocks to get the full effect. the Shotgun is a bit easier of an install as the the Platinum is designed for a bike with a splash guard, which the rocker does not have. As far as riding a rocker, I never have, but I really dig the look of the Heartland kit on it too. PM or email me at DREW@DRVTWIN.COM for pricing on the above mentioned items. i can get you most anything you need for your ride. Just let me know. thanks for your service sir!

Drew

Quick Reply: Want to know what the owners of Rockers think.