Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got a couple problems...Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 09:24 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coronerrpm
The front is breaking in. My Deuce did the same thing ( tree frog) for a bit but then stopped. As far as the rear?? Sounds like the belt but let your HD figure it out.
BTW, How is Mebane ,NC? I always wanted to get there as my last name is Mebane also and ancestors are from there. Sharp ride by the way. Looks good.
Mebane is a great little town but it is growing too fast. When I was a kid the only fast food joint we had was a Hardees... now we have just about everything and just got a Tanger Outlets. It still has a small town feel...I just wonder how long it will last. If you ever get down this way let me know and we'll take a ride!

Old 10-03-2010, 09:31 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fcsallan
If you suspect the belt being too tight in lower "riding" positions, then raise it up to "normal" hight and take it for a ride. Does the noise go away? Yes, adjust the belt, No, keep looking.
I did that. It gets better all the way up and progrssively gets worse as I come down. I looked in the manual and it call for 5/16-3/8" deflection with a 10lb gauge. All the way up I could hardley deflect it 1/4". I lowered it to my normal riding height, abjusted it and it got better. I'll check it again tomorrow and re-adjust if necessary. The brake pads are HD pads. I had just put some Lyndall pads on before the accident and HD wrench said to replace the pads with new ones for the new rotors. So I've got some practically new Lyndall pads.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:33 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

It still seems to make sense the noise is the pads on the new rotor.

Drew