Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the difference??

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010 | 09:18 AM
MJHJEA
|
Road Warrior
Default What is the difference??

Between the softail Deluxe and softail Heritage? It seems like you could swap out the handlebars and slap some whitewalls on the Heritage, and you would have virtually the same bike? I know the Deluxe is slightly lower, but what else? When Harley began production in 2005 with the Deluxe, it was meant to bring back the 94-96 "Heritage" Nostalgia. So I am very curious to know what's different. Or why Harley couldn't have called the newer ones the softail "Heritage" Deluxe. Maybe we wouldn't hear it called a chick bike quite as much. Oh, and I previously owned a Deluxe and am currently looking for a 94-96 Nostalgia (not because of the stereotype of the Deluxe). But because I want a carbed evo with the same styling. Anyone who has owned one I would appreciate any input on them as well. Thanks, Mark

Old 10-02-2010 | 04:25 PM
oct1949
Club Member

Compared to a Heritage,,,
The lux was made for Girls to ride cause it sits lower......
No freaken shield or bags.
Has ugly White wall tires...
Lower bars cause girls can't reach the mini ape on a Heritage.
35#'s lighter so its easier to pick up when they drop it.
Rear pillion seat is smaller,
Comes with Ugly Pipe/Muffler system.

AT $200 less the Heritage is a lot better deal...with all the standard Equip...

Of course all the above is just My opinion!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-02-2010 | 04:52 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Talking

And opinions are like azzholes. Yeah, I can see that . . . LoL
I just prefered the look. I didn't really care for the studs and liked the smoother saddlebags for the Deluxe. Fits me like a glove so I guess jackass thinks I'm a girl. Whatever.
The Heritage is the better value though. I just saw a '94 Nostalgia today at the dealer. You've got great taste.

Last edited by Sleeko; 10-03-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-02-2010 | 05:53 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member

Same frame and engine, different style. The inch lower shocks and cruiser handlebars give it a much different feel and ride imo. I enjoy riding my wife's Deluxe more than my Heritage.

Last edited by jimmers1817; 10-02-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-02-2010 | 10:30 PM
dfndr
Road Master

Sleeko, Nice bike. I was torn between the two and got the Heritage Classic only because of the windshield and bags being a good deal. I'd ride a Deluxe any time.

Old 10-02-2010 | 10:45 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by MJHJEA
Maybe we wouldn't hear it called a chick bike quite as much.
It's not a chick bike as much as it is a chick magnet.

At least that's my opinion, and experience.

Old 10-02-2010 | 10:48 PM
rallevar
Cruiser

Yea, for the money, the Heritage is the better buy but to each their own. I too preferred the look of my Deluxe with a custom paint kit, chrome front end, etc, etc. White walls are cool. Can you say "Old School"? No such thing as a "girls bike".

Old 10-02-2010 | 11:07 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

The Deluxe may be called a chick bike but I would ride one over a Heritage any day. Sure the Heritage comes with bags, shield, backrest and bigger pillion, but the styling is just ugly. The whole stud thing is tacky and those big saggy bags look like old lady purses hung on the side.

Not sure what about the fact that the Deluxe is lower and lighter supposed to be so un-manly when so many guys try to mod their bikes in that very manner the moment they get them.

Honestly though, it seems that the main difference is style with some adjustments to allow for smaller riders to be able to operate the bike right out of the box.

Old 10-02-2010 | 11:20 PM
SMF
Banned
Default Tassles

Originally Posted by oct1949
compared to a heritage,,,
the lux was made for girls to ride cause it sits lower......
No freaken shield or bags.
Has ugly white wall tires...
Lower bars cause girls can't reach the mini ape on a heritage.
35#'s lighter so its easier to pick up when they drop it.
Rear pillion seat is smaller,
comes with ugly pipe/muffler system.

At $200 less the heritage is a lot better deal...with all the standard equip...

Of course all the above is just my opinion!!!!!!!!!

hahahaha id put up my girls bike up against your tassle mini ape bike any day hahahahahaa only person i knew with tassles on "her" bike was my lil sister back in the 80's hahahahaha the studs i can forgive though sister hahahahaa

Old 10-02-2010 | 11:27 PM
SMF
Banned
Default X bones

Originally Posted by skeezmachine
the deluxe may be called a chick bike but i would ride one over a heritage any day. Sure the heritage comes with bags, shield, backrest and bigger pillion, but the styling is just ugly. The whole stud thing is tacky and those big saggy bags look like old lady purses hung on the side.

Not sure what about the fact that the deluxe is lower and lighter supposed to be so un-manly when so many guys try to mod their bikes in that very manner the moment they get them.

Honestly though, it seems that the main difference is style with some adjustments to allow for smaller riders to be able to operate the bike right out of the box.
dude bones are bad ***

Quick Reply: What is the difference??