Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the difference??

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010 | 11:41 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

oh chit i have a girls bike too, mines dropped more then an inch ....oh wait i can raise it up to a mans bike by pushing a button, so i must have a hermaphrodite bike.....lol....some peoples kids, now i gotta find a spot for fringe to be cool like, ummm one person on this whole forum, hell where does a guy/girl find that chit now days....lol

Old 10-03-2010 | 12:39 AM
joe297
Tourer

I love the look of both of these bikes and had a helluva time trying to decide which one to buy! It's pure coincidence that I ended up with a '10 Heritage. My next bike might just as well be a Deluxe (esp the 2 tone white / black color combo)!

My take on the difference is that the Deluxe comes with more of a custom / slammed look from the factory. The Heritage looks similar but comes setup more for the open road.

Here's my 2 tone Merlot / Red Hot Sunglo '10 Heritage - my fav of the '10 Heritage colors:

Attached Thumbnails What is the difference??-heritage-8-30-10.jpg  
Old 10-03-2010 | 09:56 AM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Talking

Originally Posted by dfndr
Sleeko, Nice bike. I was torn between the two and got the Heritage Classic only because of the windshield and bags being a good deal. I'd ride a Deluxe any time.
Thank you dfndr, a-thank you very much.

Old 10-03-2010 | 10:44 AM
Flashover
Advanced

I love a good ruse thread! Tassels.... Really?

Old 10-03-2010 | 01:04 PM
norton
Road Captain
Red face

I love it when this thread pops up. LOL

Now hear this, the only reason the Heritage has all those studs is so all those old f*ckers that ride them can still feel studly!

Old 10-03-2010 | 04:25 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior

When we decided to up size a bike for the wife, we looked at the 07 Deluxe and the 07 Heritage. The looks of both bikes were acceptable to her. Due to the Heritage having the bags and windshield and looks making NO significant difference she selected the Heritage.

The bike was lowered and the seat shaved to fit her so she would have more control of the bike. After a month or two she complained about her right shoulder hurting after a good days ride. We changed handlebars to the Fat boy style and her shoulder issue ceased.

As far as one being a chick bike and the other not....I doubt if Harley's R&D department would be wise to make and market any bike to be gender specific. The bike should be fitted to a riders physical criteria. If it doesn't it is probably not real safe to ride.

Looks, Fit, Safety and Cost normally all play a role in the purchase and enjoyment process. As it should. Like it, buy it, ride it.
To each his own.

Old 10-03-2010 | 11:19 PM
ShockwaveTXB
Road Captain

Wow, talk about a BITTER Heritage owner! I've ridden both, as my father has had a few Heritages and I now have a Deluxe (which he had until he couldn't ride anymore). I love the Deluxe. They both ride pretty much the same, save for the stock bars and such, but those are easy to make how you want. I simply just preferred the nostalgic look of the Deluxe, but still love a Heritage as well. I'm also 5'9, so the lower stance of the Deluxe fits be better.

If this is what a girl bike looks like...guess I'm into girl bikes...