Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

love the deluxe heres why

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 05:48 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: love the deluxe heres why

The round nostalgic aircleaner cover will not fit the stock deluxe setup. fits all '99-later Twin Cam models equipped with Screamin' EagleĀ® High Flow Air Cleaners when installed with Gasket Kit P/N 29591-99 (sold separately)

Old 09-15-2006, 12:25 AM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,075 Likes on 559 Posts

ORIGINAL: Luxe

The bar are Cycle Smith 1 1/4" bars mounted on the original Deluxe risers. I got the bars from J&P Cycles. The Exhaust is Road House Brand pipes, I got them from Cycle Shop USA. As for the plate I fabricated a stainless steel bracket mounted to the inner fender stiffener on two fingers. I also have an LED plate light that is wired into the original plate light socket. I love this bike! Just installed a Terry's Components Terminal VelocityII .
Luxe, the pipe is kick @ss. I am also interested in how it sounds. Details please...inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks

Old 09-15-2006, 01:19 AM
Luxe
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I am not sure what to tell youi about the sound. Moderately loud, mostly low thumpin' notes, no high end ratty soundin' stuff. I bought the performance baffle as well, but it was a bit too loud for me, sounded just like a V&H propipe.

Old 09-15-2006, 02:25 PM
softail2005
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Luxe" That is quite an exhaust system. Looks very nostalgic on the Deluxe. I love it!

I noticed in your second picture you had a set of those stock hard bags on your Deluxe with the stock exhaust system. I have those also, put them on with the stock pipes. Now that I have the V&H pipes I intend to find some nice leather bags that will actually hold something.

Did you sell off your hard bags?

Old 09-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: chopin

No I know.....I dont want to get the stage 1 download or the high flow filter....I just want the cover...anyone know if it will work with the stock filter. The harley catalog is a bit vague about it.
If it hasn't changed, the high-flow filter by itself is simply another name for a K&N filter and a bracket that removes the black plastic bracket from behind the cleaner cover. I'd do it just to swap to the K&N. Don't know that by itself it would do much to performance if you're not rejetting/remapping.. But it will "breathe" better, for what it's worth.. taking slightly less effort by the cylinder at intake to get the airmix in, equating in better performance.

Interesting note on that.. I've learned if you're concerned about MPH, to be careful even with just exhaust swaps.. A friend with a tourbike went to Rinehart duals from stock and though performance improved.. with his setup the loss in MPH was unacceptible, though the guy is still getting far better than I am on my softail with RH drags and stage 1 rejet on a carb.

Old 09-15-2006, 08:59 PM
dakine
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Luxe,
Did you lower your bike?

Old 09-16-2006, 03:05 AM
Luxe
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I still have the Deluxe hard bags, I just don't use the lower brackets any more. That way I can take them off & on in about a minute. I have not lowered the bike, it is stock height. I have received lots of comments on the pipes & seveal people from this forum have asked for details & may go the Road house pipe route as well. I really like the retro styling of the DEluxe & the pipes fit well with the other styling on the bike.
Name:  100_3175.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  217.9 KB
Name:  100_3347.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  245.0 KB
Name:  100_3344.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  158.7 KB
Name:  deluxe.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  143.3 KB

Old 09-16-2006, 10:44 AM
HOGWYLDPR
Tourer

What I like about the Deluxe is you can go from bar-hopper to touring in a few minutes. Luxe, that bike is awesome. How loud are those Roadhouse pipes? Haven't seen or heard them before.

Old 09-16-2006, 01:41 PM
IRready
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lux, part numbers and where for the passenger floorboards? Did you have to change the mounts, and if so please let me know the part # for that as well. Thanks... GREAT Deluxe. I love your ride.

Old 09-16-2006, 02:10 PM
jackhammer
Tourer

I agree that the deluxe is hands down one of the best looking production rides out on the market but I agree with waffleboy (70's stripdown bar hopper) for my taste. I can stand and stare at a deluxe all day because its almost a work of art but for me its get on and go. It would drive me nuts to have a bike like that and see it dusty/dirty. I'd spend way to much time cleaning it before and after a ride to the point of a devorce. The softail line is a great all around machine for all purposes and in my opinion nothing comes close. Nice rides guys.

Quick Reply: love the deluxe heres why