Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage as a first bike?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005 | 10:13 PM
harleybiker
|
Tourer
Default Heritage as a first bike?

I've been riding for a short time and recently took the rider course and received my license and fell in love with the Heritage Classic. My question .... Can this be a proper first bike? Thanks.
hb

Old 06-20-2005 | 10:29 PM
Drugdawg
Cruiser
Default RE: Heritage as a first bike?

Sure hope so. Got one about a month ago and it is my first street bike. While it is a big bike, it seems easy to handle to me. The low, in the bike feel is what I like about it. Casey

Old 06-20-2005 | 11:09 PM
2goldens
HDF Community Team

Jump right on that Heritage and don't look back. My first bike was a 1975 Kawasaki 900 Z1, not very small. Then I went several years without riding at all. My first Harley was/is a Fat Boy. So smooth and well balanced. Glad that I didn't try a Sporty or Superglide first and jumped right onto a heavyweight cruiser.

Old 06-20-2005 | 11:58 PM
Edmo
Road Master

I've also got a Heritage Softail Classic on the way...

I've ridden in the past, but never owned a bike of my own. My Heritage should ship next week and will be my "first". Like you, I took the Rider's Edge course and learned a lot of good info.

Can't wait... Can't wait... Can't wait...

Edmo

Old 06-21-2005 | 12:12 AM
hawker
Advanced

I took the course in mid April, never had a bike, I purchsed a 05 Heritage and now have over 2400 miles on her, a great bike, just take it easy for a couple of weeks, practice in empty parking lots and you will be fine, look out for that other guy! I hope you enjoy the bike as much as I have so far.

Old 06-21-2005 | 12:21 AM
TStewart20
Cruiser

My bike is an 05 softail Deluxe and that is the first street bike I've ever ridden. I've been riding dirt bikes for awhile now and as long as you understand the basic controls front brake,rear brake,throttle,etc...you will be just fine. I was intimidated when I went to pick up my bike but once I let out the clutch, that bike pretty much rides itself. When I bought my bike I was thinking of getting a sporty but everybody said just get the bike you want and you'll be fine,and they were right.Good luck in whatever you choose.

Old 06-21-2005 | 01:47 AM
Detour
Road Captain

I think the best bike to learn on is a BossHoss. That way, when you get on a Harley it will seem like a pocket-rocket...

Old 06-21-2005 | 01:51 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

I like the Heritage. I think that whatever first Harley that you pick might seem a bit large to you, but you will get used to it and not even notice the size of it after a little riding time.

Old 06-21-2005 | 02:42 PM
chunks
Road Captain

My new one week old Fat Boy is my very first Bike.

I spent the first couple days in a very big, empty parking lot just to get the hang of
turning and maneuvering and low and moderate speeds.

I feel very comfortable, and I have not wrecked it yet

Old 06-21-2005 | 02:54 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: SPRINGER

I like the Heritage. I think that whatever first Harley that you pick might seem a bit large to you, but you will get used to it and not even notice the size of it after a little riding time.
That's about the right of it. The Heritiage is a great bike and with a little practice, you'll be just fine on that bike.

Quick Reply: Heritage as a first bike?