Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IPOD lovers, no more wires!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 08:41 PM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Im all over this !

Old 12-30-2010, 11:15 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default buds

I have about six different pairs to date my favorites are made by samsung. i just ordered a sony set for $45.00 . i use them when watching tv late at night i like the sound up so when the old lady and son are sleeping i can let it rip.I am not into wearing them when riding i like to hear whats going on around me. i also have a pair that fold over on the ends fit in the pocket nicely. when i get stuck waiting for someone or maybe just out having a cup of coffee i link them to my i phone and listen to the built in i pod you can answer the phone while listing to music. great device

Old 12-31-2010, 08:17 AM
trailmaster308
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't decide between these and bose in ear headphones. The only reason I am cautious with getting these is the battery life. I do a yearly trip were many of the days are 5-7 hours of riding. Not so sure these would last that long.

Any feedback on the battery life?

Old 12-31-2010, 08:33 AM
scasey
Road Master

Originally Posted by nikonf8
I have about six different pairs to date my favorites are made by samsung. i just ordered a sony set for $45.00 . i use them when watching tv late at night i like the sound up so when the old lady and son are sleeping i can let it rip.I am not into wearing them when riding i like to hear whats going on around me. i also have a pair that fold over on the ends fit in the pocket nicely. when i get stuck waiting for someone or maybe just out having a cup of coffee i link them to my i phone and listen to the built in i pod you can answer the phone while listing to music. great device

do you have any links to the other wirless headphones that you are refering to? would like to check them out

Old 12-31-2010, 02:01 PM
08rock
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

thanks for sharin

Old 12-31-2010, 02:13 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Sparkin intrest here. Id like to try them out. Hey Scasey, what kinda Ipod you using? I gotta get me a Ipod, just dont know which one to get. Yeah, I know. Im behind the times when it comes to Technology. lol, Give me some opinions, what brands are good and what type to get. not tryin to hijack as this has been a dead thread anyways.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:03 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 247 Likes on 159 Posts

I got a similar set-up I'll start using next spring. Called extreme wireless that communicates with phone/pod and clips up top of shirt or vest or jacket. Got a pair of wood grained earbuds to go with it so should act as a set of ear plugs plus I get music without the clutter or putting gawky speakers on my scoot. Can't wait.

TedMan

Old 01-02-2011, 12:15 AM
Hockey Stick
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"2. I use an ipod suffle and the transmitter doubles the size of it. I'm a little concerned about where I clip the ipod. I'm affraid if it may come loose and go bouncing down the road.
I'll need to figure out a solution."

.... And sure enough, after enjoying these cordless things for a while this DID happen to me. I tried contacting the maker directly to see if I could order just a transmitter but never heard back from them.
I got a new shuffle for christmas and am wired (and tethered) for now.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:49 AM
Lucky22
Tourer

I have Shure in-ear plugs one of the best on the market. If you run the wire over your ear to the back of your neck under your shirt the wires won't bother you at all. I'm sorry but I don't see the advantage of the wireless ones, because what are you gonna do with the battery-pack. Quality of sound will always be rather then wireless.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:19 AM
BenBoosted
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had 3 sets of Shure ear buds and although I do think they sound the best, and are the most comfortable for me, the wire shielding winds up splitting due to the sharp curve it makes going over the back of your ear. I even wrote to Shure about it to complain (hell at $100 a pop and buying 3 sets it gets expensive). Of course I heard nothing back and now go with a cheaper set of ear buds that are similar to Shure.

I just bought a handlebar Ipod mount for my Ipod Classic. I can't stand the cord whipping around so I run it down my sleeve, but now my left hand has to stay within a few inches of the handle bars or else it'll unplug (not enough cord). No more waving as passing bikes, picking my nose, etc . This wireless set is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. I can't do bluetooth because the Ipod Classic doesn't support it.

I just called my local Radio Shack and they have them on the shelf, so I'll be picking up a set later today.