Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IPOD lovers, no more wires!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by scasey
They are plenty loud and i have not loss the signal yet. I keep the IPOD in the pouch on my shield and have had no issues. The range on these are absolutely amazing. I will try the pod in one of the bags to see if it works but i would be surprised if it didn't. Earlier tonight i had just got home and parked the bike in the garage then went to the end of the driveway to get the garbage can and i still had a connection to the IPOD.
They are loud enough that i can barely hear the bike while cruising at 70mph if i crank it up.
Thank you for getting back to me...Got a have them..

Old 09-25-2010, 09:43 PM
scasey
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well for those who care i tried it in the bag with no issues at all, meaning no loss signal.

Funny thing is i ended up going to the web site that i linked and read the reviews and saw a picture of how they are supposed to be worn behind the head ( to each is own), i like to where it hanging in front as it tucks under the top of my T-shirt for easy access to turn it down or up if need be. I was wondering y it was back-wards with regards to the lighting LOL

PEOPLE IF YOU LISTEN TO AN IPOD WHILE RIDING I THINK THIS IS A MUST HAVE.

in saying that there are a couple of small things that are annoying but tolerable;
1 the on/off switch is very small
2 the volume control is small

in saying that i guess it is to be expected with the size of device i am using.

Last edited by scasey; 09-25-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:02 AM
Hockey Stick
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the additional input. I'm gonna get me some.

Old 09-26-2010, 01:56 AM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Static or interruption????

Old 09-26-2010, 09:51 AM
scasey
Road Master

Originally Posted by Jeff W
Static or interruption????
Not at all

Old 09-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Night Stalker
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Now all we need are some of those "CIA" style earbuds... think they are called Ear Wicks? Just like you see the secret agents wearing. You know, the ones with no wires at all, and they can talk / hear audio from like 3,000,000 miles away! Now that is some serious range! LoL!

Old 09-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Hockey Stick
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Picked up a set on Sunday and have used it for my commute last two days.

My only complaints.

1. I don't think it sounds quite as good as my skull candy ear buds. Not enough bass.

2. I use an ipod suffle and the transmitter doubles the size of it. I'm a little concerned about where I clip the ipod. I'm affraid if it may come loose and go bouncing down the road.
I'll need to figure out a solution.

3. Volume control. To solve no.2, I could just shove it in my pocket or use a regular ipod. But I don't think I'd be able to work the volume very well with gloves on. Havn't tried, so don't know for sure, but the little wheel doesn't look promising.
This is why I need to clip the shuffle somewhere so I can still use the volume.

Other than that, I like it fine. I'll be useing it every day so I hope the batt life is good enough that I don't need to charge it too often.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:13 PM
JakesDad1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking at the bluetooth route. Now I'm rethinking!

Old 09-29-2010, 05:52 AM
scasey
Road Master

Originally Posted by Hockey Stick
Picked up a set on Sunday and have used it for my commute last two days.

My only complaints.

1. I don't think it sounds quite as good as my skull candy ear buds. Not enough bass.

2. I use an ipod suffle and the transmitter doubles the size of it. I'm a little concerned about where I clip the ipod. I'm affraid if it may come loose and go bouncing down the road.
I'll need to figure out a solution.

3. Volume control. To solve no.2, I could just shove it in my pocket or use a regular ipod. But I don't think I'd be able to work the volume very well with gloves on. Havn't tried, so don't know for sure, but the little wheel doesn't look promising.
This is why I need to clip the shuffle somewhere so I can still use the volume.

Other than that, I like it fine. I'll be useing it every day so I hope the batt life is good enough that I don't need to charge it too often.

I agree about the volume control thing as i wrote in a previous post, i do not know about the battery life thing, longest i had been out on the bike in a strecg was 4 hrs and didn't have a problem, don't know about an all day thing. I do like them though for my set up with the sheild bag, i just put the pod in there and away i go.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:37 PM
txfiremedic
Intermediate

Don't mean to revive old threads but I got one of these for Christmas and I must say this think rocks.......

I stopped at a rest stop to stretch my legs and walked over to this WW2 monument they had there (about 30 feet from where I parked) before I realized I left my Ipod in the bike......30 feet before starting to loose reception.

Sorry....had to share

Quick Reply: IPOD lovers, no more wires!