Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those that have ridden both

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 07:50 PM
harlanrider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default For those that have ridden both

When I bought my 09 Deluxe wife said she wouldnt ride with me. Now one year later she loves it. Went on a ride a couple weeks ago and she rode back on my buddies Road Glide. Liked it a lot. Been looking at the Street Glides the last few weeks but every time I come home and look at my Deluxe,I like it even more. I love that bike. Any others out there feel the same way?

Attached Thumbnails For those that have ridden both-new-air-cleaner-cover.jpg   For those that have ridden both-6530_101298166549847_100000089930185_36941_1648388_n.jpg  
Old 09-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Phantomryder
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get a street glide and give the deluxe to the wife. My wife has her own Heritage...

Old 09-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Nubz
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

off topic here but I can't resist telling you that you have a sweet lookin ride harlanrider

Old 09-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have buddies that have both... each has it's qualities... Personally I like the Lux better...
If I had the money I would make the move on a King...in addition to...not to replace

I would keep the Lux....

CC

Old 09-16-2010, 11:21 PM
tslonige
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amen, sold my Street Glide and bought a Heritage. Love the Deluxe even more but with the deal i got well............. I am much happier than on a tour bike.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:25 AM
harlanrider
Tourer

Originally Posted by Nubz
off topic here but I can't resist telling you that you have a sweet lookin ride harlanrider

Thank you. I just love my bike. We really dont go on any long trips right now so I dont see a need to change.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:56 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts
Smile fatboy lo

i have the fatboy lo i was thinking of trading it in. looked at the streetglide to big for me and the roadking felt really heavy to me, oh well i still like my fatboy lo fits me well 5/7 i30 pounds

Old 09-18-2010, 08:09 AM
Night Stalker
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are not making the long hauls, I would not do it. You are spending more money for a bike, that you are technically not even going to use to it's designed full capacity. Don't get me wrong, you get what you like / want... but just seems like a LOT of money for a new scoot, that does exactly what your 'Lux does right now. I am in the same boat. I have a Heritage, but I am "wanting" a Streetglide. Just a lot of money to spend to get a stereo system and a cigarette lighter! LoL! Hope you come to a conclusion that makes you both happy. Let us know what you'all decide.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:13 AM
harlanrider
Tourer

Originally Posted by Night Stalker
If you are not making the long hauls, I would not do it. You are spending more money for a bike, that you are technically not even going to use to it's designed full capacity. Don't get me wrong, you get what you like / want... but just seems like a LOT of money for a new scoot, that does exactly what your 'Lux does right now. I am in the same boat. I have a Heritage, but I am "wanting" a Streetglide. Just a lot of money to spend to get a stereo system and a cigarette lighter! LoL! Hope you come to a conclusion that makes you both happy. Let us know what you'all decide.
I tend to agree with you. For the kind of riding we do now it doesnt make much sence. Another thing is that she only rides with me about 1/2 the time. I think that for solo riding the softails ride great. I cant see getting alot more out of a touring bike. I didnt want bags when I first bought my bike but now think it would be nice to have some. That is an easy fix. I also like the fact that I can remove them when I want.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:21 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts

the deluxe is a nice looking bike keep it and enjoy riding it

Quick Reply: For those that have ridden both