Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone put a Tallboy Seat on a Heritage Softail Classic?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Has anyone put a Tallboy Seat on a Heritage Softail Classic?

I'm a tall guy, 6' 4" with a 36" inseam. I put forward controls on my Heritage (that I pick up today), but I might need a little more room.

I was thinking of a Tallboy seat, but there isn't one listed for the Heritage FLSTC. There is one for the Softail Deluxe though, part # 52852-05.

It seems like the seat mounting is fairly similiar between the Heritage and the Deluxe (but I could be wrong). It seems like it would fit the Heritage.

Has anyone tried the Softail Deluxe Tallboy seat on a Heritage??

Thanks

Old 09-10-2010, 12:49 PM
shineybike
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it depends on the year of your heritage. I believe 2000 thru 2005 mounts with the two bolts on the side and the pillion on the rear. The later seats I believe have two bolts that attach to the fender behind the driver seat. I hadf to replace my rear fender on my '04 heritage and the new one has two holes behind the driver seat. If the tallboy seat has only the metal tab in front and the bolt behind the passenger pad you might be ok. Another thing I found with the new fender was the rear bolt hole is further back. The new gfender came with a longer rear pillion mounting tab/screw bracket. It's about 1/2 inch longer than stock. My guess is this fender would accommodate a newer seat.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by shineybike
I think it depends on the year of your heritage. I believe 2000 thru 2005 mounts with the two bolts on the side and the pillion on the rear. The later seats I believe have two bolts that attach to the fender behind the driver seat. I hadf to replace my rear fender on my '04 heritage and the new one has two holes behind the driver seat. If the tallboy seat has only the metal tab in front and the bolt behind the passenger pad you might be ok. Another thing I found with the new fender was the rear bolt hole is further back. The new gfender came with a longer rear pillion mounting tab/screw bracket. It's about 1/2 inch longer than stock. My guess is this fender would accommodate a newer seat.
Thanks, guess I'm just going to have to buy one and see if it fits. Hopefully the dealer will let me return it if it doesn't.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TalldogsFatBob
Thanks, guess I'm just going to have to buy one and see if it fits. Hopefully the dealer will let me return it if it doesn't.
Dealer should know if it's gonna fit or not.

.....there isn't one listed for the Heritage FLSTC. There is one for the Softail Deluxe though......

Not a good sign.