Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Freight Train Chrome Headlight Nacelle

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 04:34 AM
thewholehog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Freight Train Chrome Headlight Nacelle

Anyone fit one of these to their Deluxe or Heritage?

What did you do with the turn signals and passing lamps? and can you use aftermarket risers or do you havce to use the HD suggested risers?

Thanks for any info.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:50 AM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just waiting on mine to come back from powder coating ill post up pics but i took all the lights off and put mini turnsignals on

Old 09-07-2010, 05:03 AM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's a question on a slight tangent but ..... when you get your nacelle back from the powder coaters and you put mini signals on instead of the stock indicators and you hyperthetically happen to have an accident which of course you wont of course ...... and the other guy say's sorry i did not see you indicating because they were smaller than stock how doe's that work on your insurance in the States ..... now i know they are bright but they are not as big ...... in England they would use any excuse not to pay out on a claim .... just curious

Old 09-07-2010, 06:51 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default necelle

if you want to use the cover that gives it the finished look on the handle bars with the nacelle you need to change the risers to the heritage or fatboy risiers. on the fatboy BOY risiers you need to get the ones before they went to the bigger diameter bars a few years back, this pertains if your using the stock deluxe bars. if your using any other bars i have no knowledge

Old 09-07-2010, 09:04 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

You can use aftermarket risers, but the cover for the riser clamp will not fit. Just use the signals on the passing lamps.
Name:  adamant046.jpg
Views: 5662
Size:  159.3 KB

Name:  adamant013.jpg
Views: 6797
Size:  135.7 KB
Drew

Old 09-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Phantomryder
Road Master

I had the nacelle installed using the kit, replaced the stock risers and clamp, used the stock turn signals. I added the visor style bezels for the added beefy look...

Old 09-07-2010, 07:27 PM
thewholehog
Road Master

Thanks Drew, question - do you have to use the riser clamp cover - if I already have aftermarket shorty risers on with my 12" apes will they be OK? or is the special riser clamp cover needed to cover up something?

Old 09-07-2010, 07:30 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

It is my understanding that you can use any riser if you do not use the cover for the nacelle, but I do not not absolutely for sure.

Drew

Old 09-07-2010, 07:33 PM
thewholehog
Road Master

Originally Posted by nikonf8
if you want to use the cover that gives it the finished look on the handle bars with the nacelle you need to change the risers to the heritage or fatboy risiers. on the fatboy BOY risiers you need to get the ones before they went to the bigger diameter bars a few years back, this pertains if your using the stock deluxe bars. if your using any other bars i have no knowledge
I am using 12" apes that I got from HCC.

How bad is it gonna look without that special riser clamp cover? At the moment I have aftermarket shorty risers on, so I don't really want to fork out for another set of risers and clamp cover unless I have to.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:35 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Well, it will only be missing that top cover piece for the risers and I think it will look fine, but that is me.

Quick Reply: Freight Train Chrome Headlight Nacelle