Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running a Mustang Wide Touring 2up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 01:47 PM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone running a Mustang Wide Touring 2up?

I run the "Ultimate touring Seat" from the MoCo now and love the seat but it pushes me a bit too far forward and even with the backrest laid back, the rear of the seat has such a deep slope that I slide up on the tank, so I am looking for another touring seat that will allow me to sit in the seat instead of on the tank.

So far it looks like Mustang is the way to go. Does anyone here run this seat?

Old 08-31-2010, 02:18 PM
bloomington g
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fcsallan
I run the "Ultimate touring Seat" from the MoCo now and love the seat but it pushes me a bit too far forward and even with the backrest laid back, the rear of the seat has such a deep slope that I slide up on the tank, so I am looking for another touring seat that will allow me to sit in the seat instead of on the tank.

So far it looks like Mustang is the way to go. Does anyone here run this seat?
I have a Mustang seat without the rider backrest. The seat moves me too far forward.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:45 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts

Got it and love it for our longer-distance riding. I'm 6'2", and the wife is 6', and it serves us great on our Fat Boy. I certainly feel like I sit "in it" rather than "on it".

EDIT - just looked, but I don't have any photos posted with the Mustang installed... guess I'll have to get some uploaded.

Roger

Last edited by tunaman; 08-31-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:34 PM
fcsallan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by tunaman
Got it and love it for our longer-distance riding. I'm 6'2", and the wife is 6', and it serves us great on our Fat Boy. I certainly feel like I sit "in it" rather than "on it".

EDIT - just looked, but I don't have any photos posted with the Mustang installed... guess I'll have to get some uploaded.

Roger
That is what I am missing from my 70's touring seat. With the current one I feel like I am sliding forward as does the wife.

Any others out there with another "touring" style seat with riders backrest that thinks I should consider theirs?

Old 08-31-2010, 05:36 PM
fallenspringer
Cruiser

i have one, comfy as hell, rode it 2500 miles in 4 days no back or *** pains. Dont use it anymore its for sale if you are interested.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone running a Mustang Wide Touring 2up?-img_3236.jpg   Anyone running a Mustang Wide Touring 2up?-img_3243.jpg  
Old 08-31-2010, 07:08 PM
fcsallan
Road Warrior

PM sent

Old 08-31-2010, 07:19 PM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member

Got it,,,,Love it.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:48 PM
kirkw101
Cruiser

love mine too.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:44 PM
spydyr
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ditto. Took the new mustang seat on a 1/2 day trip to the HOG rally... VERY comfortable. Alot better than stock! A$$ went to sleep 30 minutes into a ride with the stock one.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:03 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Most owners rave about them. I'm probably one of the few exceptions. I don't find it much more comfortable than my stock Heritage seat.

Definitely has more padding and it's 17.5" wide so on paper it should be a big improvement over stock. And it obviously is for most riders. Just haven't found that for myself yet.

Oddly enough I find it much more comfortable w/o the backrest than with. The backrest seems to push me forward and for some reason gives me a lower back ache in short order. Adjusting it doesn't help.

Got a back ache on a ride the other day and pulled the backrest off for the trip home. No back ache. Ironic because the backrest is 95% of the reason I bought the seat in the first place.

Quick Reply: Anyone running a Mustang Wide Touring 2up?