Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D Lowcat/Rocker

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 06:56 AM
Rail
Road Master
Veteran: Army
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Update..

Played with it some more yesterday.. Ran v-tune on it and got it it pretty close.. Low rpm torque is much improved over the V&H but it's still too restrictive for my build.. Too much back pressure and the motor doesn't wind up as quickly as before.. Not as loud as I had wanted either.. At idle its more quiet than the V&H.. Looks like I'm gonna be ordering the big bore baffle and see where that takes me..

Old 09-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks awesome! Rail

Old 09-04-2010, 12:34 AM
WAhog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rail
Played with it some more yesterday.. Ran v-tune on it and got it it pretty close.. Low rpm torque is much improved over the V&H but it's still too restrictive for my build.. Too much back pressure and the motor doesn't wind up as quickly as before.. Not as loud as I had wanted either.. At idle its more quiet than the V&H.. Looks like I'm gonna be ordering the big bore baffle and see where that takes me..
So I have the standard Lowcats on order for my Fatboy. I have a 103", SE 211 cams, 50mm TB but stock heads - do you reckon I should be ordering the big bore baffle? I have the V&H BSS with standard baffles at the moment. I don't want to be waiting for the thing to 'wind up' but I don't know whether it may not be a biggie since I have the BSS and you had the BR - any insight you can give me would be useful cause you don't sound to happy with what you got?

Thanks

Old 09-04-2010, 09:25 AM
matt816
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No personal experience with the lowcat, but i had the BSS on my 95" motor, they sounded great and loud! Switched to a pro pipe hs and i think has a great sound and picked up power. Im building a 107" in a week or so and have thought about switching to the lowcat, DD says big bore for 107 and larger. There are guys riding 110 and larger motors with the fatcat quiet baffle, dont get wrapped up in it, where do you like power, low, mid.... More noise DOES NOT mean more power. The DD is a tuned performance pipe, Id stick to their recommendations!

Old 09-10-2010, 02:27 PM
desertwolf
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Awesome looking, like the way you've done the blackout. Pipes really go with the bike too.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:33 PM
NightTrainRob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good, wish I had got the lowcat for my bike instead of the fatcat...May have to order a new one and sell the fatcat

Old 09-10-2010, 02:40 PM
BLK08ROCKERC
Road Captain

You said it's not that loud? I just put the Fat Cat 2-1 on my 2011 Street Glide and it is loud as HELL!!!! It's louder than my Martin Brothers Shockwaves on the Rocker. I ordered it with the Standard Baffle but I think I may have gotten the loud baffle. It is definitely no the quiet baffle. What do ya'll think?

Old 09-10-2010, 03:08 PM
NightTrainRob
Tourer

Originally Posted by BLK08ROCKERC
You said it's not that loud? I just put the Fat Cat 2-1 on my 2011 Street Glide and it is loud as HELL!!!! It's louder than my Martin Brothers Shockwaves on the Rocker. I ordered it with the Standard Baffle but I think I may have gotten the loud baffle. It is definitely no the quiet baffle. What do ya'll think?

Mine has the standard baffle and its pretty loud...But not as loud at my VH big shots..

Old 09-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Rail
Road Master
Veteran: Army
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

DIdn't see this thread in a while..

WAhog.. I think with stock heads you're going to like the standard baffle.. It will help improve your bottom end as well.. My heads are flowing about 275CFM so I'm thinking the standard is restricting them..

Personally I don't think the standard baffle is as loud as my BR but I've had a couple of friends say it's louder.. I think it just had a different tone so it's somewhat deceiving.. BB baffle should be here today so I'll try to get it installed this weekend and let ya'll know what I think..

Old 09-10-2010, 05:45 PM
WAhog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default thanks for the feedback

Originally Posted by Rail
DIdn't see this thread in a while..

WAhog.. I think with stock heads you're going to like the standard baffle.. It will help improve your bottom end as well.. My heads are flowing about 275CFM so I'm thinking the standard is restricting them..

Personally I don't think the standard baffle is as loud as my BR but I've had a couple of friends say it's louder.. I think it just had a different tone so it's somewhat deceiving.. BB baffle should be here today so I'll try to get it installed this weekend and let ya'll know what I think..
Hey Rail - thanks for the feedback. Sounds like I should be OK then, and if I get an improvement lower down then it will be very welcome. Reckon sound will be better because BSS have quite a sharp 'bark' and are very loud, not so much bass whereas from what I'be heard the BR was somewhat bassier! I can live with a slightly quieter pipe is the tone is better - which I reckon it will be.

Cheers

Last edited by WAhog; 09-10-2010 at 05:47 PM.

Quick Reply: D&D Lowcat/Rocker