Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunderheaders vs FatcAt

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 11:23 AM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I checked the vids that Andrew uploaded, sorry man , nope... TH is still sounding deeper and louder why settle for less? Place your order with the Doc, you'll love your TH's.

Mimo.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:26 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

It's a personal choice really. Whatever you like better. Like I said, i hate the looks of the TH, but hat is me. What do you you like better?

Drew

Old 08-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Tony-OH
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't access the vids from here at work but when I get home tonight I'll check them out. Thanks Doc and thanks for the pricing options.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:19 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

No problem. I am still waiting on a video of the BCT baffle for the fatcat. I am calling them now to get a bit more info

Old 08-30-2010, 12:28 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its funny I just saw this thread, I was just in my local HD shop and they have a black TH 2 into 1 on sale for $399. I am really thinking about getting it in place of my Bassani....

Old 08-30-2010, 12:32 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Brett, that is a killer price. Retail is nearly twice that on TH. Buy it and run for that price!

Drew

Old 08-30-2010, 12:46 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

my only concern is that they still won't be all that loud. My biggest complaint with the Bassani's is the volume. The sound has a real nice tone, but not quite loud enough for me.......I checked out some TH videos but it sucks listening to videos. I am letting it cool off, if they still have them tomorrow, I may get them. Are the TH pretty loud? Anyone know how they compare volume wise to say, big radius or shortshots?

Old 08-30-2010, 12:58 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Sound is so subjective that it is really difficult to say and as you know a video is an inaccurate way to judge the sound. A buddy of mine ran a TH on his Dyna for several years and I never really thought it was that loud, but it did sound nice. The black coating however, did not fare well as he parks his bike outside and it would end up wet with dew nearly everyday. It looked like crap.

Drew

Old 08-30-2010, 01:37 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

Ahh, crappy looking is not cool....lol. I love the power gain from a 2-1, but hate the loss of volume that seems to come with it. I guess I need to go ahead and try chopping my baffle like we talked about a while back.......I need to get a hold of you about getting set up with some bars and cables anyway. That's my real priority right now....

Old 08-30-2010, 02:48 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Brett, V&H is chit compared to TH, I've had big shots (pevious to the TH) took 'em off 400 miles after, they are loud but in a higher pitch (moto-cross) compared to the deep and loud sound of the TH. 300???? you can get 'em and sell the later if you don't like them, how much do you want to bet? You're gonna keep those pipes... Loss of volume on a 2-1? I have cranked mine next to a guy who had fishtail cholos (no baffles) and all I heard from him was the explosions with the engine on deccel...

Mimo.

Last edited by mimo; 08-30-2010 at 02:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Thunderheaders vs FatcAt