Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best looking/sounding slip-ons for a Softail Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Best looking/sounding slip-ons for a Softail Deluxe

The only thing I'm gonna do to it for a while is a set of slip-ons. I like that they are a simple bolt on and don't require anything additional. I don't have the coin to do full exhaust/stage one.....maybe next year! So I've been on the hunt for the best set of slip-ons. I've been researching the crap out of this and I think I'm narrowed down to Rush slash or baloney cut with 2" baffles or Vance and Hines Straight Shot slip-ons, or their version of slash cut slip-ons.

What do you guys think...or do you have other suggestions?

Thanks for the help/input.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:31 AM
\w/ \w/
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Samson Longs or V n H True Duals IMO are the look for the Deluxe

Old 08-28-2010, 12:17 PM
italfatboy
Cruiser

I've had my Rush 1.75 for 2 years now, and have been very happy with the quality and sound. I get alot of compliments.

Old 08-28-2010, 04:13 PM
Rockyriver
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had the cycle shacks.
http://www.cycle-shack.com/cycle/agora.cgi?cart_id=9660611.21482*VD8IQ1&product=200 7&user4=Slip-Fit Mufflers
Part # MHD-139 T
Don't ask me why in the web link advertisement they show the slip ons I had on my Deluxe with the heat sheilds off.

Last edited by Rockyriver; 08-28-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:40 PM
HogDeluxe
Former Sponsor

I have the Rush slash cut slip-ons with the 1.75 inch baffle

www.hogdeluxe.com

Old 08-28-2010, 05:31 PM
GS357
Advanced

Rush slip on's are great sounding mufflers and well built. I saw some for sale either on the boards or ebay for a Deluxe at a good price. Get the 2" baffles for future growth.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:36 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Here are the rush slip ons for sale.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...eluxe-new.html

I advise against slip ons as most people end up buying a full system, tuner and a/c down the line, but get what you want. After 6 sets of exhasut on my ride I am finally happy with my D&D fatcat as it provides great power and looks although I had to get used to the 2 into 1.

Drew

Old 09-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

After riding with a friend today (with Vance and Hines Big Radius....no baffles!), I need to do something to tide me over for the rest of the season. I just can't really pick between the Vance and Hines HS slip ons or Rush 1.75s.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Nicky Pass
After riding with a friend today (with Vance and Hines Big Radius....no baffles!), I need to do something to tide me over for the rest of the season. I just can't really pick between the Vance and Hines HS slip ons or Rush 1.75s.
If you just need something to hold you over for the rest of the season just buy a less expensive muffler like a cycle shack.This way you are not throwing as much $$ out the window when you switch to a full system.

Old 09-05-2010, 11:38 AM
tslonige
Road Captain

I just put a complete system, D&D Long Riders for $218 shipped to my door and everything needed to install including O2 sensor plugs. You can hardly do slip-on's for that price.They sound incredible. I was unsure as I was looking also at the V&H long shots but read up on D&D, who has been in business for 30 years. I figured they must be doing something right to be a less advertised player and still in business. They are also known for their research and development in the motorcycle race industry.

Attached Thumbnails Best looking/sounding slip-ons for a Softail Deluxe-img_1419.jpg   Best looking/sounding slip-ons for a Softail Deluxe-img_1418.jpg   Best looking/sounding slip-ons for a Softail Deluxe-img_1417.jpg  

Quick Reply: Best looking/sounding slip-ons for a Softail Deluxe