Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustache Bar install issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010 | 06:43 PM
junebug69
|
Advanced
Default Mustache Bar install issue

Just received a mustache bar for my 04 fatboy and of course it didn't come with instructions. Seems pretty easy except we have a black brace that is rounded (like the framing) on one end and bent like a corner on the other end. we cannot figure out how this stupid thing is to go on the frame. When we put it on to fit the frame, it is too high for the holes on the bar to match up.

this bar is for and 86 and later flst...it's a no name bar and i got it on ebay from a company "3 orange harleys".

i don't have pics at the moment...but wanted to get this out to ya'll because i KNOW someone will have the answer.

thanks much!
Jen

Old 08-26-2010 | 07:20 PM
Gman in NC
Road Warrior

You can download the instructions from HD's web site by looking up the part.

Old 08-26-2010 | 08:02 PM
junebug69
|
Advanced

it's not a harley bar

below is a site that has the bar, but it's not where i bought it from, this folks just have better pics. the part we are having issues with is the black piece.

http://www.debrix.com/ProductDetails...ode=27-0625-VT

Old 08-26-2010 | 08:38 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

The black piece looks like it's to be mounted behind the chrome mount bracket with the bolts going through the bar mounting holes. I'd guess it's to add support and keep the bar straight.
The curved part of it more than likely goes around the left down tube.

If that's how you attempted to install it and it doesn't line up, I'd guess you ended up with a wrong bike/year part?

Old 08-26-2010 | 09:07 PM
junebug69
|
Advanced

Thanks Kowan...

we did try putting that bracket there but it just doesn't seem right. kinda stupid the one end is squared off not rounded like the other end. it is supposed to fit my bike...we'll see. thought i'd post this and see what i could get...and we'll make it fit tomorrow. we're riding all day saturday and i want that bar on, one way or the other.

i appreciate the info guys

Old 08-27-2010 | 07:32 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member

Wouldn't it say it was for an FLSTF or does FLST mean it fits all softail models. Not positive but I've never ordered a part for my Heritage unless I see it has all the letters (FLSTC).

Old 08-27-2010 | 07:42 AM
Swilkins
Tourer

The info on the web page indicates it's for a Heritage although it doesn't specify the C. It may be the wrong bar but I don't know if there was a difference in the frames between the Fatboy and the Heritage

Old 08-27-2010 | 10:19 AM
Nautilus
Tourer
Red face

seeing the link u left, it has a part where it says
"Fits: 1986-up FLST Heritage Softail models" even if the title says it fits 86-up Harley FLST

Best bet... it's not the piece for ur bike :S

u should send an email or call that page to get better fitment info

Old 08-27-2010 | 06:33 PM
junebug69
|
Advanced

thanks guys...

the webpage i posted isn't the place i bought it from but it had the best photo, so that's the one i posted.

the co i bought it from says it fits FSLT softail. Before i ordered this one, i was bidding on the exact same thing from someone that had the bar on their fatboy. hmmm, maybe i should email them and ask them..lol

thanks again!

Old 08-27-2010 | 06:56 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Emailing might be the best thing.
Good luck on getting it installed.

Quick Reply: Mustache Bar install issue