Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Train risers/bars...fit on Standard?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 09:54 PM
FXSTI Guy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Night Train risers/bars...fit on Standard?

I was wondering if the stock '06 (or earlier) Night train straight risers/drag bars would be a "bolt on" replacement for the stock '06 Standard curved riser/ramshorn bars. I like the look and feel of the NT bars and really don't have the $$$ to drop right now for a high-end set of aftermarket bars w/all new cables/controls. Has anyone swapped out a set of stock FSXT risers/bars with a set of drag (straight) type risers/bars of ANY type and still been able to use the stock cables/controls?? Thanks!

Old 09-07-2006, 04:33 AM
Reino
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: Night Train risers/bars...fit on Standard?

I put pullback drag bars on mine and the cabels are all standard, the only mod I had to do was to put the turn indicator relocation kit as with the narrower bars the indicators were hitting the tank on full lock. The night train bars are not pull back so you will not have this problem. The clutch cable is reccommended to be replaced (shorter) in the manual but I didn't do it and it doesn't look out of place (just got a bit more loop on it), see pic below.

Name:  DSC00074.jpg
Views: 2385
Size:  72.0 KB

Old 09-07-2006, 04:42 AM
O6FXST
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the same bike you do, Red 06 Standard, and I just put a set of mini-apes (same height as stock wide glide bars) on it. I was able to use all of the stock cables and wiring, only had to buy a wiring harness extension that was about 4" long.

Since you are talking about doing drag bars I wouldn't think you would have any problem at all. I'm sure my mini-apes required more length than drag bars which are pretty close to the stock bars in height and width.

Hope this helps, good luck, Rick

Old 09-07-2006, 03:49 PM
daniel.sm
Road Master
Received 146 Likes on 86 Posts

yes..the stock Night Train Risers & bar will fit the Softail STD...and Harley even makes a kit if you want to do this mod.

here is the Part number and the fitment for such kit

P/N: 56434-98

Fits '96-'06 FXST, FXSTC models. Handlebars and risers are stock on '98-later FXSTB models

Old 09-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Paintrain
Banned

ORIGINAL: FXSTI Guy

I was wondering if the stock '06 (or earlier) Night train straight risers/drag bars would be a "bolt on" replacement for the stock '06 Standard curved riser/ramshorn bars. I like the look and feel of the NT bars and really don't have the $$$ to drop right now for a high-end set of aftermarket bars w/all new cables/controls. Has anyone swapped out a set of stock FSXT risers/bars with a set of drag (straight) type risers/bars of ANY type and still been able to use the stock cables/controls?? Thanks!
If you want to buy risers at a rock bottom price check out this place. The prices are so good you'd think the stuff is hot.

I replaced my Nightrain risers with these particular ones because I got tired of being hunched over on the stock ones (I'm 5'8). I've seen these risers on other web sites for almost $200. I paid about $70 with shipping. The second best mod I've done to my train. Also the cables did NOT have to be replaced to go from 7" to 9 1/2" risers.
http://www.wildwestcc.com/100133.html
http://www.wildwestcc.com/riandcl.html

Old 09-07-2006, 06:31 PM
nitetrain
Cruiser

I have my old risers and drag bar from my 05 nighttrain, might sell for the rite $