Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Lo or Deluxe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 07:38 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fatboy Lo or Deluxe?

I'm pulling the trigger very soon and I keep going back and forth! I think the Lo looks so tough and I love the rawness of it. I also keep looking at the birch white and vivid black Deluxe. Its a timeless look and it has the flash that is normally associated with Harleys.

I guess in the end its the same bike when it comes down to it, I'm just stuck at 50/50 with both bikes! ....and no, I can't afford to buy both!

Old 08-25-2010, 07:44 AM
07Fatty
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IM guessing you are a lady. since they are both girls bikes j/k, that is a tough one I say get the one that calls you to it most, only big diff. is the running lights and seat

Old 08-25-2010, 07:51 AM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Hey, I'm not a girl, but I liked both those bikes as well! I settled on a regular FatBoy due to the looks (I like chrome), the standard suspension travel relative to the shortened FB Lo, and the easier reach to the handlebars. For me, it was a tough decision between the FLSTF and the Deluxe, which has that old world charm in spades. In the end, I wanted a fatter rear tire and I wanted to get away from spokes, but you really can't go wrong with either of your choices.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:55 AM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Iv'e learnt in life things vibe you straight away .... or ... you need time .... dont matter if you go back and forth , back and forth , sit on them both , dont listen to anybody else there when the time is right you'll know ..... maybe ...... sometimes though life throws a curved ball and there might be another model in the corner you did not see ..... Life's a mystery to be lived not solved

Old 08-25-2010, 07:59 AM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well there ya go by the time i sent my post none of the bike's you mentioned hit the spot so my post wasn't entirely wasted as the last part of the post struck true ....enjoy your Fatboy

Old 08-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior

All of the cars I've owned have been bright and shiney with custom chrome or forged wheels....thats what is appealing about the deluxe. But then the Lo is kind of the opposite....which I really haven't had.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:38 AM
wildrooster
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what happened with me is that I went shopping and let the bike find me I did not go in with a specific model or look I just walked around until I heard my name being called. it sounds funny but it worked for me I bought it with out even a test ride

Old 08-25-2010, 09:43 AM
ybbogus
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deluxi is very cool. My favorite was the original Cowglide Nostalgia. What a great bike.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior

Its the same bike really....just such a contrast of styles...and about $1k more for the Deluxe.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts
Angry

i have the fatboy lo i like it the deluxe seems to long and to many things on it

Quick Reply: Fatboy Lo or Deluxe?