Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Lo or Deluxe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 11:00 AM
doghair
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KOJAX
i have the fatboy lo i like it the deluxe seems to long and to many things on it
LOL, I want more, I wonder how much chrome I have to add to get it up to 1000lbs?

Old 08-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I may like the chrome...there are so many things you can do in chrome to keep the fresh!

Old 08-25-2010, 02:18 PM
Santo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Both are great bike and I am sure you will be very pleased with the one you chose. I like the retro styling of the Deluxe better, I also like the front fender more on the Deluxe over the FB. I can recall when I first saw The Terminator and Arnold Schwarzenegger riding a Fat Boy, I wanted one so bad. But I guess my taste for bikes changed. Good luck with what ever you decide to go with and please post some pics.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:24 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I went with the deluxe. I liked the fender, aux lights, and white walls. And I knew I wouldn't be able to live with that polished chrome and the black plastic covers on the lo

Old 08-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I have the fatboy lo. I also like chrome and black. I liked the stance and the way the Lo feels. I bought my Lo and had the dealer change all the skins from a regular black pearl metallic fat boy. I now have an original color fat boy lo and enjoy the best of both worlds, chrome and black.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kozy22
I went with the deluxe. I liked the fender, aux lights, and white walls. And I knew I wouldn't be able to live with that polished chrome and the black plastic covers on the lo

That thing is sexy as hell!
I may go put my deposit on the Deluxe tonight!

Old 08-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Dawk Halliday
Novice

I'm kind of partial to the Deluxe but the best way to Decide is take one of each out for a ride when you get back you'll know. Good luck and what ever you decide I'm sure you'll be happy.

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy Lo or Deluxe?-p1000781.jpg   Fatboy Lo or Deluxe?-p1000787.jpg  
Old 08-25-2010, 07:34 PM
C O L E M A N F U
Road Captain

Remember the Lo aint chrome it's brushed. If you want it chrome you got to make it yourself or get the Deluxe.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:55 PM
RoddHarley
Advanced

I bought th FB standard all the chrome and the fat tire. however I still dream about the Deluxe

Old 08-30-2010, 12:50 AM
murd
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to buy a Fatboy three years ago. I loved the Fatboy. Stared at a picture of it on my desktop and visualize riding it. Went to the dealership to have a look and was very excited that this might be the day I finally buy it. Got to the dealership only to see a "sold" card on the seat. Major bummer! I pouted for a few minutes and told my wife we should just go and she encouraged me to at least have a look around. Then, there in the back was my Deluxe. I never even knew much about the model until the sales guy saw me drooling and proceeded to give me the specs. "Never know til you sit on it", he says. So on I got and I lit up. It fit like a glove, and I knew this was my bike.

Today, three years later it's still my number one choice, I've sat and rode a few (including the Fatboy) and my Deluxe just feels like home. I will never sell it. It's an extension of me. ...someone get me a kleenex.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is.. you'll know what bike suites you best. But what fun it is finding it. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Fatboy Lo or Deluxe?