Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bobby,
I'm with you on the Gear.... you wear it for the fall...not the fashion....
Right now my helmet of choice is a 3/4 Fulmer.... flat black...
But have been looking at a HD Modular Helmet.... I like the Flames!!!

CC

Old 08-25-2010, 10:16 AM
badinc1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkerbeer
Bobby,
If you ever ibn long island or in pike county PA ( the 2 places i share my time in) you are more then welcome to join us. I ride with a group of guys (about 20 of us) between no helmets to helmets. every one stays together... you seem like a graet guy. your pals are just D#$$%^s and D#$%s. I wont pay attention to them to much...
Thanks Bunkerbeer !
That's the kind of group every group of bikers should be, after all, we're all bikers.
Bobby.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:17 AM
badinc1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Cheesecake
Bobby,
I'm with you on the Gear.... you wear it for the fall...not the fashion....
Right now my helmet of choice is a 3/4 Fulmer.... flat black...
But have been looking at a HD Modular Helmet.... I like the Flames!!!

CC
Hey cheesecake,
Do you happen to know who makes the helmets for Harley ?
Bobby.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:41 PM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

I usually wear a Bell Mag 8 now. At speed I flip down the shield but most of the time leave it up.
http://heckyesproductions.com/bellsp...500420pmz.html

Old 08-25-2010, 04:59 PM
Night Stalker
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one of the Advanced Carbon helmets. I tried to find the website, but I guess they went out of business... That sucks! Used to be www.carbonfiberhelmets.com

Old 08-25-2010, 07:42 PM
badinc1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by KumaRide
***'em. Go to meetup.com and find another group to ride with. I belong to a couple groups and have met some really good people with a good mix of bikes and knowledge. And, they have taken me to places and roads I never would have traveled too.
You know, that would be a heck of a lot better, and I bet would be more fun to boot.
When I had my Kawasaki Concours14 ABS last year, I joined the Concours14 forum, [http://forum.concours.org/index.php] and ended-up going on a ride to Mount Washington in New Hampshire with a rider from Rhode Island, and two riders from New York. We had a blast, and are still friends today, even though I no longer have my Kawasaki Concours14 ABS motorcycle.
I still visit that forum, as there is a great bunch of guys there.
They say that they are there for the friendship, and not just the motorcycle. I know a lot have sold their Kawasaki Concours motorcycles and have bought another brand, but they still visit the site, talk about the Concours and give advise, and go on rides, even though they don't have a Concours anymore. They don't care what kind of bike you ride, as long as your riding.
I've have gotten a impression that all Harley riders were like my riding friend who I used to work with, but I'm finding out here that isn't true, and that you guys are lot like the Kawasaki Concours forum people.
I know back in the old days, if you were with Harley riders, and rode a Jap bike, you were lucky to leave alive. I've been to Loudon, NH races in the old days, and seen Jap bikes burning and all kinds of crazy stuff out back behind the track. It is that impression of Harley riders that I get with my buddy from work. I guess that's only true with certian people.
I'm glad to have meet you guys and thank you for all your help in welcoming a new Harley rider to your forum.
Back when I rode dirt bikes, from 1968 to 1998, we were all one big group, and there was no seperation on riders because of what kind of bike you rode. We were one big family. I used to do long trail rides every weekend of 60+ miles, and I raced Pro-Motocross from 1973-78. Again, we were all one big family, and would help out each other, even though it might hurt our chances on winning championships. Those were the good old days, and it was a lot of fun.
I don't go out much to ride now, as I'm permently disabled and have taken my 70 year old Dad in to live with me in my one bedroom condo. He came down with Stage 4 Prostate Cancer back in 2000, and they only gave him one to two years to live. His wife divorced him 4 years ago, because she said "He couldn't make her anymore money.", and I took him in to live with me. I gave him my bedroom, and I sleep on my living room recliner. Last Sept. 21st, 2009, he was told that he has AML Leukemia, with only 1 to 2 months to live. He started off getting 2-3 pints of new blood every month, then every two weeks and now every week with sometimes a bag of platelets. He just started getting chemo 4 weeks ago, with him getting chemo 5 days a week for 3 weeks, then two weeks without. He's not doing to bad with that, but last Friday the 13th, I had to call 9-11 for him as he got a temp. of 103* degrees, and if he gets a temp. of 100* degrees+, he can die in one hour. He ended up being in the hospital for a week as it turns out that he got an infection, and that caused the temperture. His chemo takes 5-6 hours to do with the Doctor visit and blood tests beforehand. His new blood tranfusions take 3 1/2 hours per pint, and he gets 2-3 pints each time, so that ends up taking 7-8 hours depending on how fast they are starting the transfusion and changing out the pints of blood. So, taking care of him is a full time job for me. He's lucky that I'm disabled and not working so I can bring him to all these places. I make all his meals, do his laundry, and drive him to whereever he wants or needs to go. He has no money, no life insurance, and no property. I don't have much, but I do have my one bedroom garden style condo, and now my 2000 Harley Deuce. I try and live on only $800.00 per month S.S. Disability. It's not easy let me tell you. I'm glad to have my motorcycle to take some of the stress off me. Even if I don't have much time to ride it, because of my dad, or the New England's changing weather. It's awful nice to meet you guys and be able to talk to you all.
I want to thank everyone here again for all your help, and welcoming me here. I look forward to a lot of discussions with you all.
Take care,
Bobby.

Last edited by badinc1; 08-25-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:46 PM
j33ptj
Road Warrior
Received 115 Likes on 81 Posts

Roof Boxer v8

That gives you both full face abd 3/4....

Attached Thumbnails Helmets-boxer_v.jpg  
Old 08-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by badinc1
Hey cheesecake,
Do you happen to know who makes the helmets for Harley ?
Bobby.
They're made by HJC

Old 08-26-2010, 06:17 AM
badinc1
Cruiser

Thanks,
HJC aren't bad helmets.
I didn't know if they were made by somebody you never heard of, as this has been known to happen ?
I'll have to check them out, although I'm sure you can buy a HJC helmet a lot cheaper if it doesn't say "Harley Davidson" on it.
Bobby.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:58 AM
badinc1
Cruiser

This is the helmet that I am currently using with riding my 2000 Harley Davidson Deuce.
It's too big for me now because of all the weight I've lost. [205 pounds in one year.]
So I'm looking for a new one to replace this one that nolonger fits properly.
Should I get another one like this,but one that fits, or something else ?
Thanks for your advise,
Bobby.

Quick Reply: Helmets