Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 07:04 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i like the Fulmer 3/4 because it has replaceable face shield and they slide up when mot needed and they are light weight and they cost under 100 and i had them save my head 2 times. it the 70s it was author fulmer helmet.
http://fulmerhelmets.com/Product/af655.html

Old 08-23-2010, 07:19 AM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

to match the style you will want the
Fulmer V2 3/4 old school bobber style helmet or the
Bell 500 bobber style helmets..
we have 1 of each in our house hold, and I cant see or tell if one is better than the other..
nice small tight shell, DOT.. cool looks.. etc..

Old 08-23-2010, 04:13 PM
badinc1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like my Candy Burgandy Shoei Multi-Tech, but I hardly ever use it as it was intended, [ie: flip it up and down] and I end up keep using it as a full coverage helmet.
I might of only flipped it up and down maybe twice in a year.
It's now WAY too big for me with alll the weight I've lost, and won't protect me as it should. When I raise-up the face shield, the whole helmet wants to lift off, and I already have put some foam inside the top of the helmet, as it was so big, I was having a hard time seeing out of it, as it was dropping down below my eyes.
I lost 205 pounds in one year, so my head really shrunk !
I've had it only one year, but have only used it for about 3000 miles, and I've hand waxed it after every ride, so if anybody is looking for a like new Candy Burgandy Shoei Multi-Tech modular helmet, I have one for sale. I paid almost $600.00 for it last year, so make me an offer.
So after all is said and done, I guess a full coverage would be better than the modular for me, and a little cheaper to buy.
It's funny though, as I have some friends that won't ride with me [next to me] because I wear a helmet, and they ride about 1000' feet behind me. When we come to a stop sign or traffic light, they stay behind me instead of pulling up beside me, like they don't know me. I can't believe it.
First they pulled this kind of stuff when I rode my 2009 Kawasaki Concours14 ABS sport/touring [BMW like bike] bike, and now that I've got a Harley like them, they won't ride up with me because I wear a helmet.
Go figure. I don't care, as I won't ride without a helmet, so if that's the way they want to be, I'll ride by myself I guess.
Bobby.

Last edited by badinc1; 08-25-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:06 PM
hogger706
Stage IV

I have and like the HJC full face, CL15. DOT and Snell rating. Vented and comfortalble. Many colors and designs. I into protection and function. Descent prices from many retailers.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by badinc1
It's funny though, as I have some friends that won't ride with me [next to me] because I wear a helmet, and they ride about 1000' feet behind me. When we come to a stop sign or traffic light, they stay behind me instead of pulling up beside me, like they don't know me. I can't believe it.
Fist they pulled this kind of stuff when I rode my 2009 Kawasaki Concours14 ABS sport/touring [BMW like bike] bike, and now that I've got a Harley like them, they won't ride up with me because I wear a helmet.
Dude.... I hate to be the one to break it to you but these a**holes are not your friends....
Life is to short to hang with people like that.....
I would rather ride with a squid on a crotch rocket than some dork that doesn't want to be seen with me because of what I wear....

CC

Old 08-23-2010, 09:46 PM
l04life
4th Gear

as far as the goggles go, if you get a half shell go and get some skydiving goggles i wear them when i ride they are designed for high speed winds and really good about not fogging up

Old 08-23-2010, 09:52 PM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

I know the feeling. I wear an Arai Quantum fullface on the Busa, but a novelty on the Softail. I can't defend it, especially because I went over the handlebars on my bicycle today face-first into the sidewalk. ******* pulled out of a parking lot, didn't even look my way, stopped on the sidewalk. I'm in some pretty good pain right now...

Old 08-23-2010, 11:03 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rlowride
to match the style you will want the
Fulmer V2 3/4 old school bobber style helmet or the
Bell 500 bobber style helmets..
we have 1 of each in our house hold, and I cant see or tell if one is better than the other..
nice small tight shell, DOT.. cool looks.. etc..

I second the Bell 500...its on my to get list...

Old 08-23-2010, 11:37 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by badinc1
Yeah, but head is worth more than $35 dollars,
Depends on the neighborhood.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:19 PM
badinc1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bjewell
I know the feeling. I wear an Arai Quantum fullface on the Busa, but a novelty on the Softail. I can't defend it, especially because I went over the handlebars on my bicycle today face-first into the sidewalk. ******* pulled out of a parking lot, didn't even look my way, stopped on the sidewalk. I'm in some pretty good pain right now...
That's kind of the problem I'm having ?
I can justify wearing a full coverage type helmet on my Kawasaki Concours14 ABS, as it's more that style of riding gear for that type of motorcycle. But when it comes to riding Harleys, all that type of protective gear seems to go out the window because of all the stereotype of Harley riders and what is suppose to be cool.
When I ride, I want protection. There are just too many idiots out there who don't look for motorcycles when they drive.
But the pear-pressure of other Harley riders that want you to look they they do when your riding a Harley is out of control if you want to fit in.
I just want to fit in and ride safe too boot.

Man, so sorry to hear that you got hurt.
But that just goes to show you, that even riding something as simple as a bicycle, you can get seriously injured because of some idiot.
I wish you a speedy recovery soon !
Best of luck,
Bobby.

Quick Reply: Helmets