Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats with JP cycles not a complaint

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 01:59 PM
duluth
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts
Default whats with JP cycles not a complaint

The last 4 or so orders i placed with JP cycles everything is on a 7-10 day back order,chrome primary, chrome master cycl, magnum cables, hand grips, joker derby cover everything on backorder.
A lady tried to tell me they sold out at Sturgis, i was at sturgis and JP cycles they did not have the parts.
anybody else haveing this 7-10 day at JP cycles?
Mark

Old 08-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been a couple months since I ordered from J&P but I didin't have any problems with parts on back order.

I did recently order some after market parts through the local HD dealer and had to wait two months because of back orders.

I've been reading and hearing about back order problems for a while now and I wonder if companies are keeping their inventory down due to the economy, kind of a make it as you go so you don't get more supply than demand.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:22 PM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

I ordered Bars from them 3 weeks ago, said would ship within 7 days.. After I paid I got an email that they were on back order and no date on when they'd get them..

BS tactic and the last time i'll use them.. I called and got a refund that they took 11 days to return.. But 11 minutes to take..

Old 08-22-2010, 02:37 PM
duluth
Road Captain

Same thing happened to me on a order i was told 7-10 days called after 10 days told it would be longer and went somewhere else,geez all i want is the truth.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:26 PM
NickD
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I've always found if it says on their website "In stock, usually ships in one day" it always does. But if it says "Ships in 7 -10 days" that's code meaning they don't have it. I think they do make an attempt to source it for you, but generally you'll get that note on the 10th day saying it's back-ordered.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:52 PM
duluth
Road Captain

When i got my first bike 3 years ago a 99 softail fxstc i started buying at JP and gave them all my business,then i got a 09 Rocker and still gave them my business my boy got a 10 glide and he bought from them. My point is i had excellent service from them up until about 4 months ago.Now it seems everything is backorder, i suppose the economy. I guess the big problem is i hate waiting for parts LOL

Old 08-22-2010, 04:05 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost all companies are keeping inventory to a minimum, next to none. If it is made overseas, now they are shipping it direct from the manufacturer to you, no middleman. Takes a while to get here from China, about 2 weeks last time I ordered anything.

Old 08-22-2010, 04:10 PM
08rock
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

We are in a deep recession. Inventory costs $, they are trying to stay in business by keeping costs down, be patient or cancel your order.

Old 08-22-2010, 04:14 PM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's just the way of th world today. Everyone wants you as a retailer to have everything at the best possible prices and they want it yesterday. Nothing against the OP but JP does a good job at keeping a representative stock of the items that they sell. There is no way for a retailer to stock them all so they depend on the supply chain to keep up with demand. Unfortunately most cannot when you are dealing with Chinese crap. Buy American and there is a good chance that it will be there in 7-10, that is unless they are waiting for supplies from China.

I'm with Nick on this one. If it says they have it, it is usually shipped quickly and I never have a problem, its the stuff that is obviously not in stock that always takes longer than it should. Most catalogs are the same. What really pisses me off with this crap is when you buy something from Flee-bay and it is backordered. What kind of crap is that?

Old 08-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Phantomryder
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everything that I need either from an online vendor or my local harley dealer is always either on backorder or they take 7-14 days to order. What is this world coming too??

Quick Reply: whats with JP cycles not a complaint