Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats with JP cycles not a complaint

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 10:26 PM
cotnballs
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JP Cycle warehouse/shipping just SUCKS! My first order with them I joined their gold member thing. I order a bunch of stuff that said it was in stock. I was like cool I will get it in 4 days. I made my order and it told me their stupid free clock you get with their gold membership was out of stock. They were holding my order for that damn stupid 2 dollar clock to come in. I had to call them after two days and ask them to send my order and not wait for the stupid fu@king clock. I then had to change it to two second day deliverer to get my parts in time. They saw my bitch on one of the Sportster forums and gave me a credit for my shipping. I thought that was cool but my very next order they did the same thing. They held up my entire order (which was large) for a helmet on back order with no shipping date, so I had to call them again! I made another order on Saturday for a part I need by Wed, knowing it wouldn’t ship until Monday morning I paid for 3 day delivery thinking it would go out first thing on Monday morning, WRONG! It didn’t ship until 9pm tonight (Monday), WTF?? I think they lost my business. I understand they do a lot of sales but you have to be fast in this market, other big companies are fast they can be also. I have never had a problem with Summit Racing (another large mail order parts company), I can set my watch by those guys.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:31 AM
QS78
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very common these days. I guess demand exceeded the forecast !!

Old 08-24-2010, 11:55 AM
duluth
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Cotnballs your post is exactly what they do to me i have ordered parts on say a Monday and on Tuesday i get a E-mail on a sale that is better then my gold card, so i call them sorry can't give you the extra 5% on yesterdays order.
They will hold up a order for one small part.
When i called to cancel my handle bar grip order after 2 weeks waiting they managed to find my parts while i was on the phone.
I ordered Magnum chromite 2 chrome cables was told would ship the next day another 2 weeks goes by i call and oh we don't handle them they are not in our computer,wonder why they didn't tell me that when i ordered them.
I will go somewhere else for my parts

Old 08-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Gman in NC
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most businesses do 'just in time' inventory now. It's due to a tax they have to pay on inventory that's just sitting there. I'm sure the economy has something to do with this too.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:33 PM
duluth
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

I am done bitching it won't change anything

Old 08-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Krutch
Tourer

Ya suppose John Parham just getting a lung transplant has anything to do with it? Maybe when the cats away the rats will lay?
I ordered a tool by e-mail only to find out they didn't have it and it would be a while to come in to them. No drop shipping available. I canceled the order. Oh well.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The manufacturer sells to the wholesaler. The wholesaler sells to the retailer. The retailer sells to you.

There's a lot of room in that chain for somebody to screw up. I'm not pointing a finger at the retailer--anybody in the supply chain can gum up the works. All it takes is for somebody up the line from you to be late paying a bill and product flow stops. Imagine you're J&P, and the people you get your handlebars (for instance) from suddenly can't get them anymore because THEY are behind. What are you supposed to do?

Combine that with the fact that NOBODY wants to have inventory just sitting on a shelf getting taxed. It gets expensive, and there's a recession going on. When the economy sneezes, the powersports industry doesn't catch a cold, it gets cancer.

It makes you wonder why anybody in their right mind would ever go into the parts business. Just please, cut your favorite retailer some slack because it's probably not their fault, especially if they're always done right by you in the past. And during times like these, they really need your support.

And yeah, I used to work in that business.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:41 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's an idea for a solution.....Use Dr. V-Twin next time!

Old 08-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Hippiebeads
Tourer

I ordered two items and waited and waited.I finally called to check on my order and they said one item was one backorder and they dont ship until complete order is filled.There was no ship date on the backordered item and I had to tell them to ship the other item or it would still be in there warehouse.I complained and said that is how they do it.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't ordered anything from JP Cycle for awhile now. No problems with them, I've just been ordering from DennisKirk.com lately.

Quick Reply: whats with JP cycles not a complaint