Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cross Bones gets rear ended

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010 | 02:04 PM
Blue Cross Bones
|
Cruiser
Default Cross Bones gets rear ended

So there I was waiting for the light to turn red as the rays of the sun showered my sight. The light turns green and I begin to release the clutch and turn the throttle when suddenly the bike slides from under my crotch, I'm flung forward and solidly plant my right foot on the asphalt quickly followed by my left foot as if I was running. I hear a loud smash as I stop running and turn around only to see my love on it's right side like a dead dog on the road. I quickly ask myself how the F@ck this happened and begin to look at the damages done by my unfortunate and rookie mistake of over acceleration. The handlebars are resting on the gas tank, the rear light is busted, the crash bar took the entire impact of my misfortune and the mirrors and turn lights also received a light shower of scrapes. I haul away my busted bike to the side of the road and begin to turn it back on..suddenly this Di*ck head taps my shoulder from behind and begins to apologize...apologize for what? I thought, Well as it turns out he tells me the sun had blinded him and he thought I had accelerate so he moved his piece of Sh*t truck and it hit my rear light cover and subsequently catapulted me back and made me over accelerate my lover causing me to accelerate and cause the unfortunate accident. Moral of the the story "Be carefull because you can get hit even if the bike is standing still" ohh and Crash Bars ROCK

Old 08-21-2010 | 02:11 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

Getting hit a stop light from behind is something I am most cautious about. You are kind of exposed at that point. Glad you weren't hurt. Time for some new mods!!!

Old 08-21-2010 | 02:24 PM
1911NT
Cruiser

same thing happened to me a few months ago but at noon, sun wasnt in anyones eyes. and it was a mercedes SL55 driven by a 26 year old sh!tbag. minor injuries, plenty of upgrades came shortly after.

Old 08-21-2010 | 02:31 PM
Tracker56
Road Master

I know how you feel. Two of the three accidents I've been in since I've been riding (37 years now) have been at a stop light. Rear ended by cagers not paying attention in rush hour traffic. The third was by a lady that ran a stop sign. Glad you weren't hurt.

Old 08-21-2010 | 02:34 PM
Blue Cross Bones
|
Cruiser

Thanks for your support guys, Yes Unfortunately he did not have insurance sooo I will have to pay for the upgrades myself. The rear led light and the mirrors with built in led's sound good to me.

Old 08-21-2010 | 02:40 PM
rckelley
Intermediate

let's see some pics of the damage

Old 08-21-2010 | 02:52 PM
NorCal Dog
Road Master

Originally Posted by Blue Cross Bones
Thanks for your support guys, Yes Unfortunately he did not have insurance sooo I will have to pay for the upgrades myself. The rear led light and the mirrors with built in led's sound good to me.
ouch,, you gotta pay ?? dude, you got hit twice

you might wanna think about changing your policy & adding under-insured / non-insured

glad to hear that you're physically ok

Old 08-21-2010 | 03:10 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member

Did he get the traffic ticket? Your insurance will sue him, they will pay you first though.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Did you suffer any injuries at all?

Old 08-21-2010 | 03:15 PM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member

Just wait until tomorrow!
I bet you're going to be sore!

glad you're OK

CC

Old 08-21-2010 | 03:22 PM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior

That happened to me a couple of years ago. A high school girl was on the phone, looking backward and wham. It was pretty slow speed but still did over $5000 damage to the scooter. Their insurance paid and instead of waiting on parts I upgraded the '05 to an '09, so things worked out fairly well. Glad you're not hurt too badly.

Last edited by harleyflyboy; 08-22-2010 at 04:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Cross Bones gets rear ended